Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what's the dumbest thing you have seen someone do??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by boggerless, Nov 22, 2004.

1. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

what\'s the dumbest thing you have seen someone do??

recently a guy came in for a 48 foot gutter.he had a full size eight foot bed pick up with a twelve foot trailer.he put the gutter on the trailer and realized it was to long so he opened the rear slider window of his truck and slid the rest of it in there. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifmy friend tim told him not to ,but i wanted to see the look on his face when he taco shelled it. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Re: what\'s the dumbest thing you have seen someone do??

I saw a guy walk out on the fantail (rear end) of the ship when we were firing the 5" guns. I think he soiled his pants.
    The best part is that it was my guys firing the gun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

I've seen a guy at a boat ramp floor the throttle on his boat instead of back it off...he rammed the boat over the trailer and into the back of his Expedition. Ford people /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

40 pc of 5/4X6-16' decking in a ford step side with a 6'bed.

Oh a 6x8 section of stockade fence...on a Mustang convertable /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

saw a guy with a manual tranny back the brand new ford superduty and high dollar ski boat down the ramp and jump out forgetting to put on the e-brake /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I saw a guy walk out on the fantail (rear end) of the ship when we were firing the 5" guns. I think he soiled his pants.
    The best part is that it was my guys firing the gun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Aww great there is a Chief on here now??? Better whatch what im saying /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

7. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Aww great there is a Chief on here now??? Better whatch what im saying /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

At ease shipmate /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

my buddy has a pretty nice 69 charger, well wanted to go riding(atv's) and my truck was out of commision so i used my moms car and my dads trailer and he had no way of gettin his tp the riding spot, so he put ramps going up his trunk lid and drove his quad up on his back window and fell through it /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

9. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    my buddy has a pretty nice 69 charger, well wanted to go riding(atv's) and my truck was out of commision so i used my moms car and my dads trailer and he had no way of gettin his tp the riding spot, so he put ramps going up his trunk lid and drove his quad up on his back window and fell through it /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That guy should be hit in the head w/ a hammer for doing that to a 69 Charger...
    Oh, and the dumbest thing I have seen someone do is marry my mother-in-law...

10. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Have children.

11. atho

atho 1/2 ton status

Last summer I worked for a local school maintenance dept and those guys were always doing something stupid.

One guy couldn't remove a tree stump tugging with his '00 K2500 or the Ford tractor, so he went back to the shop and put the plow blade on his truck. He tried to act like a D9 Cat and bulldoze it out and surprise /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif it didnt work. Bent the blade, trashed the plow frame, and bent the frame of the truck. Ooops.

Another guy complained about how the small John Deere 4x4 mower wasnt running good, and when he checked the oil the level was higher than the last time he had checked. I believe its a rebadged Yanmar with a small diesel engine. Turned out the air filter was so clogged with dead grass that the engine had sucked the gasket for the injection pump into the engine to get air, and it was dumping diesel into the oil /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif It needed a new air filter, oil change, and injection pump. And to top it all off, the deere has a friggin air filter flow meter (which read "clogged") that he apparently didnt read.

The same guy with the Deere used a fullsize Chevy van to pull the deere around on a flatbed trailer. One day he unhitched the trailer THEN backed the deere off of the trailer, needless to say the trailer popped a wheelie and smashed the back doors of the van in and broke the window glass.

Sure was a fun summer.

12. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

Once I saw a guy launching his boat while his younger son backed the truck/trailer down the ramp. The kid got out leaving it in reverse. Sunk the trailer and the brand new chevy pickup. Funny thing was you could see the alram going off underwater, all the ligts were flashing. Once it was winched out the dumb@ss tried to start it and it actually fired for a second.

Also, a guy I work with went on his first flight on my MH-53 helicopter. While flying at around 120 knots, he decided to stick his head out the windows for a better view, bad idea. His headsets and goggles went flying off into the ocean and he had to hold his hands over his ears for the rest of the flight. Pretty funny watching the helicopter pull back into its spot and watch him run off the ramp holding his fingers in his ears. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

A guy that use to work for us went down a busy state highway at night with a light straped to his head hanging out the window /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif all the lights on his truck when out. Hell he drove an hour and a half like that until he finally got home. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

14. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you were on a destroyer? I was dumb enough to be out smoking (unauthorized, due to weapons testing /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif) when they fired off the CIWS. Scared me senseless. Not dumb enough to stand on the fantail though. That is dumb.

15. TB2Blazer

TB2Blazer 1/2 ton status

When I used to pour concrete there was a cement driver that used to deliver cement to us in the big cement trucks. He was a few brick shy of a full load and one day tried to do a 180 in the cement truck on a steep incline on a wet day. Well the cement truck flipped right over on its side, I ran over to the truck and climbed on top, opened the door and asked if he was ok and he just looked up at me with this crazed look and said "yeah I'm ok, I damned near swallowed my chaw".

16. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you were on a destroyer? I was dumb enough to be out smoking (unauthorized, due to weapons testing /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif) when they fired off the CIWS. Scared me senseless. Not dumb enough to stand on the fantail though. That is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spruance Class Destroyer. CIWS really can't hurt you when it fires unless you are in front of the barrels. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif But when it is firing 75 rounds per second (yes you read that correctly) it sure can give you a scare and jolt your heart a little.
    The 5"/54 can collapse your lungs and ear drums if you are too close to it. He got away pretty much unharmed though. He was about 40 feet from the breach.

17. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Too many too list--but here is a few of the darwin awards I've witnessed:
    A guy backing a huge boat up to the boat ramp in Plymouth harbor (MA)with a nearly new F-350 extended cab 4x4--he misjudged the ramp,and backed it about 20ft to the left of the ramp,hit the concrete curb wall that was about 8 inches high--people were trying to yell at him to tell him to stop--he yelled back "STFU--I know what I'm doing!"--he gave it some gas,the boat trailer climbed over the curb,and the boat and trailer dropped about 15ft over the edge,nearly taking the truck with it!--the boat slid off the trailer and smashed onto the rocks below--the propeller part of the inboard broke right off the boat and was crushed under it! The trucks front end was about 3 feet off the ground,teetering over the edge of the seawall curb--the guy was so scared he didnt know what to do--he held it floored,but not enough traction to do anything--he had to be pulled out with an 18 wheeler wrecker!.The boat and trailer were totaled,and the truck got its share of undercarriage damage too. I never heard so much laughter in my life--some folks even applauded and mocked him,repeating what he said,followed by more laughter.I felt kinda bad for the old guy--after I wiped the tears from my eyes! Sometimes I go there just to watch the "show"--its suprising how many folks with boats cant get them into the water without a dilema....
    Another genius decided use industrial laquer thinner he could get at work for free during a hazardous waste clean out of the factory he worked at for a gasoline substitute in his car--he had 4 55 gallon drums of it at his disposal,he figured it was about the same as gas--he got about 250 miles on his cavalier before the engine seized--he called my friend at his shop to ask if he could "look at his car"and said nothing about using laquer thinner as fuel.We were able to turn the motor over with a breaker bar and pipe on the crank bolt,and tried to start it--it spun over like the spark plugs were out!--we tried to remove them,they only came out a few threads and stopped,we broke one off in the head--so we decided to pull the head off--much to our suprise,3 out of the 4 pistons had HUGE holes about 2/3 of the diameter of the pistons MISSING!--just the outer skirts and the rings were still there--you could see the rods and pistons--there was molten aluminum all over the cylinder walls and head,the valves were blue and warped to hell,and all the molten piston heads fell down into the crankcase!.After we stopped laughing,we called him with the "autopsy" results--then he admitted that he used laquer thinner as fuel. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifHe said"Do you think it would be covered under warranty??" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Yea,bring it to the dealer--they'll give you a new engine free-- /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Another good one was watching a guy load an old mustang on his car trailer--as he drove up onto the trailer,the coupler popped off the ball,and the tounge of the trailer took the tailgate right off the truck,it flew up about 15ft in the air,and came down right on the roof of the truck,denting the roof enough to shatter the back window,and crack his windsheild! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    How come it so funny when it happens to someone else??!.I'd tell some of my own "darwin moments"--but modesty forbids... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

18. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

A Captain that I work with from time to time looked down the barrel of a Bridger Line Gun to check if it was loaded............

19. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Out wheelin' with a couple of friends a few years ago,one of the guys I was with became very stuck in a river bed.No one could get close enough to hook on to him with a strap,another guy came along and told us he could winch him out.Now this river bed was 15 or so feet below us,pretty steep banks.With the cable hooked up he started to pull,he didn't budge,but the full size Dodge popped out of gear,rolled down the bank and landed on top of my buddy's Jeep.Two days and four winches later they were both out.Both suffered major damage.... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

20. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

Half a dozen pieces of 5/4 16' decking out the back of a Porsche 911 convertible. He claimed it was his beater porsche, not his good one. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif