Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's the general concensus?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big94gmc, Jun 25, 2006.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I'd like to hear people's opinions.... Do we like this (if so, why?), or do we not like this (if so, why?)? Essentially, what's the general thought behind it.

SRW front and rear axles with 'normal' backspacing on the rims, or DRW front and rear axles with stock H1's on them.

Please don't post up and tell me to "Talk to this person, he's running it". I know who's running it :p: . Thanks, gents.

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Im a fan of drw w/ h1's. I like the bead lock fact and the cheap factor. Prolly the 2 biggest factors...

Also no need for a drw rear (ie. a d70) spacers will work, a van 14 bolt, 14 bolt hubs on a 70 for an even wider stance, or drw 60 front hubs modded a lil to fit a 14 bolt...

That and it looks sweet!

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

DRW 60's tend to be a little cheaper than SRW ones and you don't have to spend any money to get your rims recentered

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

What about leverage, or stress, on the hubs due to how far out they are....? Is that an issue?

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

If you were to run wheels with "normal" backspacing, yes leverage would be a potential problem. Because of the offset of unmodified H1's, it's not much different from what an average stock dually feels.