Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats the going rate for a TBI unit for a BBC?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 55Willy, Feb 26, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

My friend is looking at getting a complete TBI set up, trottle body, all the wires and sensors with computer. He is working on a under hood fire and just wants to replace it all. Whats the price for a complete set up? and is there some better then others? TIA.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

TTT
    Anyone? even a ball park price will work...

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the <a target="_blank" href=http://mandydyer.tripod.com/55WillysWagon4x4.htm>damn thing</a>!!

3. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

not sure what it cost for a bbc, but i seen a used system in the paper from an 89 1500 sub (complete wih intake sensors, wiring, computer, tbi unit) that i was thinking of buying. guy wants $200 for it.

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>mostly stock
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>

4. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

just tell him as long as he has to replace the wiring to order up a new injection unit. the 2 that I highly recommend are the edelbrock unit or the hooley unit. I have worked with both and they are very easy and work awesome. I prefer teh edelbrock unit personaly. I have also worked with the accell unit for small blocks but I was not real impressed with it. you might also find a tbi unit and wiring and such at turbo city.
    orarizona speed and marine.

5. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

just tell him as long as he has to replace the wiring to order up a new injection unit. the 2 that I highly recommend are the edelbrock unit or the hooley unit. I have worked with both and they are very easy and work awesome. I prefer teh edelbrock unit personaly. I have also worked with the accell unit for small blocks but I was not real impressed with it. you might also find a tbi unit and wiring and such at turbo city.
    orarizona speed and marine.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Thats not an option for him, the rig has already milked him dry.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the <a target="_blank" href=http://mandydyer.tripod.com/55WillysWagon4x4.htm>damn thing</a>!!