Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

what's the going rate for a used sm465/205 combo?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Aug 24, 2002.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

what\'s the going rate for a used sm465/205 combo?

there is a total beater up the street from me for sale. 73 or 4 ish 3/4 ton. ugly as all get out with rust and dents in every possible body pannel. but it has a 4 speed/205 and 3/4 ton axles. sign says "$650 runs good" thinking of picking it up to part out. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Re: what\'s the going rate for a used sm465/205 combo?

About $400 to $500...I pick up my combo for $400...I say get the truck...I could always use another 465 /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i got mine for $200. even got the crossmember, pedals, and all shifters with factory knobs. guess that's bladen county luck for ya!

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

From an individual seller, about $500 for the combo, with the shifters, linkages, etc.

A junk yard will ask more than that. Probably in the range of $1000 for all the above. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

The 3/4 ton axles from that truck can fetch $500 for the pair, again from an individual, easily.

A junk yard will try to rape a buyer for $1000 for the pair, if that. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

there is no way I would pay that for a used tranny/tc combo
    I paid $300 cdn for the last one I bought and thought I was a fool to pay that much

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    with the shifters, linkages, etc

[/ QUOTE ]

what linkages are you refering to? shifters should come with as should the bell

6. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

yeah, i payed 500 bones a few years back for the 3/4 ton axles i had under the the Blue Beast. never again. i've baught complete 3/4 ton junkers for 500 bucks. plus everyone is dana 60 hungry so 3/4 ton stuff has really dropped in price. the 465s still seem to be popular though. parts rigs are the way to go. sell what you don't need and recoup most or all of the original perchase and keep what you need. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

wes, if i get it, i'll see if it has a skid plate and you'll have first dibs! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. thatK30guy

I don't care what you pay for any combo.

If you think $300 cdn is too much, why should the $25 CK5 membership fee be too much for you? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. thatK30guy

Cool beans on the skid plate. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

What I mean by my above statements of the prices for the tranny/t-case and the front and rear axles are prices that what I have seen them go for, on average, on this site.

I have read here and seen elsewhere that the junk yard prices are way higher than what others sell and ask for of them on this site.

Junk yards are outrageous in some cases. I have heard of some jy's selling a 14FF in the upward prices of $700 or more. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif These rears can be had for as low as $75, if not cheaper, in just about your local areas. Just have to look for them.

If you ask a jy for a 465 or 205 price, those will be in the ranges of $300 or more, for each.

10. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

I've seen the same in my area too. kinda pisses a guy off because junkyards deal in so much more volume you'd think they'd have the best prices.

parts rigs are where its at. you get so much more then just the specific parts you're after. like maybe even a skid plate! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

jason

11. thatK30guy

LMAO!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Yep, the value of a skid plate!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

What pisses me off is that I heard what a junk yard "bought" a K30 for from a guy who was just tired of fixing it all the time. They paid under $500 for it. And then turned around by selling/parting it out for outrageous prices. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

They wanted $1200 for the D60 alone. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif
    They wanted $750 for the 14FF. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif
    The 205 t-case was hooked up to a worn out 400 that needed a rebuild, and they were still asking $900 for the pair. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    The motor was a 454, which still ran but was getting weak, and they wanted $600 for that. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Do the math on that and tell me who is/was/are/will be getting raped!!! The buyer or the seller whom sold the truck to the junk yard. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif BOTH, the buyer and seller are getting raped big time!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

12. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i'm still waiting for my $500 k30, sitting in a field somewhere with my name on it. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

13. thatK30guy

Ain't we all!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I got a $500 M1008 from the US government thru an auction site. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

14. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Never fails Wess, you've always got to make us jelious!!! Can you just let the k30 story lye? I tear up everytime I hear it and my wife always wonders why I'm crying!!!! J/K It's alright, just got to remember what I paid for my D60...... $75 /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Deals are out there, you just got to look!!!!! Oh, and if parts trucks were'nt the way to go, then I wouldn't have three chasis and a backyard full of parts here, now if I could only sell any of it!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

15. thatK30guy

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif LMAO!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I once paid $250 for a matching D60 and 14FF from a '79 K30. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

16. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

ok, that's enough of that kind of talk! some people aren't so lucky. quit rubbing it in! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

17. thatK30guy

How about free 14FF's, too!!! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

18. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

OK, NOW YOU'RE JUST PISSING ME OFF!!!

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

How about a pair of 3/4 ton axles for a $100! W/ 4:10s!!!

OR

A yard full of 8 lug rims and a 420 and a 465 combo and a 208 ALL <font color="red"> Free! </font color>

Ok I'm done!!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

20. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

get this man, i just got this offer today. a guy wants to trade me his 3/4 ton 4.10 geared axles for my 6-lug POS's. STRAIGHT UP!!! by the way, what's the difference in size between the 1st gen front axles and 2nd gen? my axle tubes appear to be larger than those on his truck.