Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats the prob?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by InSearchofAk5, Jul 16, 2001.

1. InSearchofAk5

InSearchofAk5 Registered Member

I test drove this 82 k5 and when you stick it in 4whl low and stick it in D it sqeaks ? Whats going on, what do you guys think is the problem? It seems like an OK deal but the body has alot of rust and alot of rust holes in the back and fenders. It doesnt have any tow hooks, a bent grillguard, 33" mudkings. Hes asking 2500. Is that an alright deal?

2. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

When you shift to 4 lo.. are you in neutral with the transmission?
    If not.. that could be the problem.. or lack of using the 4 wheel drive system.
    Now.. how bad is the rust? surface? Cancerous? Is it affecting the structural integrity of the truck? how are the body mount's? if you crawl underneath.. you'll see some 3.5 inch washer's with rubber bushing's between them.. how are the mount's that attach to the frame? if they are rusted out.. you'll need new ones..
    Also.. how many miles on the truck? How's the engine? what displacement? 400? 350ci?
    I'd say $2500 is a little high.. but I haven't seen the truck..
    Perhap's.. I'd offer $1,800 to 2,000 to counter the work it would need..
    Hope this helps.. and good luck during your search..

A well armed society is a polite society.UPDATED <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rocko.rockcrawler.com>www.rocko.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

I paid 3000 for a perfect rust free arizona body with a tired engine but everything worked and was original. I think you need to get the price down.

Ride with pride,
    Bill Hughes

4. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

When I bought my first one (89) I shifted it into 4wd and it started hopping and skipping and chirping. The idiot I bought from had two different size tires on front and back, I wanted to dope-slap the guy.