Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's the top worth from a '73 K5?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dirt Squirter, Aug 16, 2002.

1. Dirt Squirter

Dirt Squirter Registered Member

What\'s the top worth from a \'73 K5?

I'm gonna be getting rid of my hard top for a can back and was just wondering what a hard top is worth? I'm not gonna lie, this thing is in pretty shitty condition. The corners are worn out and you can watch the top shift as you go down the road, there is also about a 6"x8" section that is crushed on the rear passenger side corner. It's a real pretty sun bleached black color too, lol. Oh yeah, the previous owner added one of those cheesty screw in racks on top, you know the kind where you just screw into the fiberglass, so there are some real neat custom looking screws protruding into the cab area. If I cant sell it I'm just gonna take it to the dump and watch a D10 crush it.

Dirt Squirter

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Re: What\'s the top worth from a \'73 K5?

It's hard to find a GOOD condition full-vert top (73-75), but crappy ones are, unfortunately, a dime a dozen, at least last time I looked.

The cat-crushing might be fun, but you might get a little $$ for it.

If you are close to me, I might want it for really cheap, to chop off the front bit and make a redneck halfcab out of it. If you aren't close, perhaps someone else might do the same.

I didn't know there was a Can-Back for the 73-75, or are you just gonna use a 76+? (Their web page is uniquely unhelpful at this moment ... "We are cuurently updating our online order processing system" (sic)!

-- A

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE.... LOL , Where do you live, whats the wheather like there, does it rain, because if it does you might want to hang onto it because a cannback won't fully reach your window, unless they decided to start making them for 69-75 fulltoppers...I'll give ya 5$ for your top if your close by... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Look under the name on the left guys....Loc: stands for location.... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Reged: 2/17/00...where in the hell is that at. Oh, Sherman, TX. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Kinda funny how something right in front of your face always go unoticed.