Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's the weirdest not-made-for-a-truck part on your truck??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by heavy4x4, Oct 23, 2002.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

What\'s the weirdest not-made-for-a-truck part on your truck??

For me, I'd have to say it's my aux tranny cooler mount. I cut, painted, and mounted a piece of shelf bracket (yup, that metal bar with slits in it for the little shelf clips) which my tranny cooler is zip tied too. I think it's a better option than putting the zip ties through the radiator, and it works pretty dang well.
    So, what about everybody else, what's the weirdest part on your truck, not made for a truck?

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s the weirdest not-made-for-a-truck part on your truck??

well i got a yosimitie sam zip tied to my grillie. i have a interior light that is the rear tail light for a yamaha 4 wheeler, had an 1157 bulb in it, i got it wired to my floor light, so now i have a super bring interior light, so i can acctually see stuff in my cab, i have a blanket covering my seat, has wolves howing at the moon on it. i have i have a piece of garden hose as my rear diff vent tube, and it works. go figure, i also have orange extension cord wire running to my daylighters on my roll bar and it is double insulated so it works great, and its plenty thick, plus i have one more wire that i can run power up there too. yeap it is funny what you can do if you use alittle bit of the knowlage you have, and a few tools. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Ok, ok. You win dude. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    With all those non-truck parts, does it even resemble a vehicle anymore? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    Good ideas, that's one of the reasons I asked this, to get/throw out some ideas to others.

4. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would have to say the log splitting blocks being used as shims on the rear axle. Got them from Agri-Supply for 3 bucks a piece. Came home and drilled holes in them to bolt to my center pins. Work great, don't break, and won't rust.

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea it does, i just used what i had to make what i needed, and it works, so im pretty proud of myself, yea, the only thing that i mentioned on my post that is differnt is the yosimitie sam, but i think the tail light idea is a keeper, because it lights up two filiments in the bulb, and it lights up the whole cab really well, i found the tail light in a mud hole, took the red filter off, drilled some holes in the plastic, drilled some holes in the 1st layer off roof, not the second outer layer /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif, and then installed it with two sheet metal screws, wired it to my floor light, wow, boy howdy i tell you what, that was a good idea. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

How about the small canvas sack with two tennis balls in it hanging under my rear bumper just behind the fuel tank? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

7. GMslave

GMslave 1/2 ton status

It'd be a toss up between the hand grenade drilled and tapped for my t-case lever (the irony kills me), or the handicapped bathroom grab bar bolted to the dash board. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

"SpongeBob" air freshener.

John

9. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It'd be a toss up between the hand grenade drilled and tapped for my t-case lever (the irony kills me), or the handicapped bathroom grab bar bolted to the dash board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the way you think /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

10. Ryan Melton

Ryan Melton Registered Member

I have a bilge pump for a boat in the cab to pump out water during deep crossings. Definately not a factory option.

Ryan

11. Quack_Addict

Quack_Addict 1/2 ton status

Bilge pump... hahaha!

Well, when I installed a new, larger radiator (4-core to replace the 2-core), the radiator was taller too. I had to modify the radiator schroud... with a couple pieces of 2x4... to take up the extra space. Works very well.

/forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif &lt;--- Looks like my `84!

12. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

The chain wrapped around the frame to tie my big stupid dog to!! the only thing he CAN'T move in my yard!! does that count??

13. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

my leapord print headliner and t-case boot.

Also, the skull shifter knob named Bob. as in Bob the Knob /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

That would be my tranny cooler itself. It's an AC coil that I took out of an old window unit. It's plenty big, looks good and was made just right to mount it good. Of course then there's the piece of plumbers tape and sheetmetal screws holding my fan shroud together, and the 1x4s in the battery tray and thermostat wire for hold downs. I also have sheetmetal straps and pieces of chain for my exhaust supports. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

You can usually tell what the previous owner did for a living by the type of rigging they used.

Oh yea, I almost forgot the JB weld that's sealing whats left of my t-case after it threw the chain. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

15. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

A Old lawn chair for a drivers seat...A old towing strap to mount it...and duct tape to hold the windows in place...All this is obviously temporary...and I'm not sure if the duct tape counts cause Ive never seen a off road rig not have it and bubblegum holding something together... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

16. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

trouble1,
    I don't know if you have a digital camera or not, but, take whatever means necessary to post a pic of your lawn chair drivers seat. I've got to see that.

17. trouble1

trouble1 1/2 ton status

I got a little cheap disposable camera ...as soon as I use it up I'll get walmrt to develop it on a CD for me, then go to the library to find a way to post it....It should make for some of you to get some great laughs. Most of this is not really funny to me, but every once in a while I look at it and you just cant help to laugh /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

18. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

The weirdest not-made-for-a-truck part on my truck would the the loose nut behind the wheel!! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

HAHA now that is funny..lets see for me...hmmm maybe the orange fuzzy dice hangin from the rear veiw...i also have grey interior! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

20. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

A set of Dodge Stratus hood-struts, being used as bump-stops in the rear.
    Basicly, super-high powered gas-shocks. High compression resistance, very-little rebound.

(well-soon to be anyway, still goofing around with 'em, right now)