Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's this 8' box worth?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 30, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

What\'s this 8\' box worth?

My friend wants me to sell him an 8' fullsize pickup box off an '82 Chevy that I have. With an exception of two very small surface rust spots, it's near perfect. The only thing it's missing is the tailgate. No dents, dings, or bondo. It has the fuel doors, and is for dual tanks.

I want to give him a good deal, but I dont want to give it away either. Whats fair market value for it?

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s this 8\' box worth?

Ive seen those for sale for $600-$800. I dont know if they sell for that or not. I payed almost $300 for an aftermarket bedside, not the whole bed but just the driverside.

3. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s this 8\' box worth?

Here in Ohio, the rust belt, $500 would be a deal, some may pay up to $700-$900 if its damn near perfect. For your friend, maybe $300, but then again, I don't know what nice sheet metal is worth in Washington. Hope ya make out with screwin a buddy over though.