Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats this 80 crew cab worth?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by COCHEV, Oct 24, 2002.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

its got a fresh 402 in it with an RV cam and only 3k on it. a new centerforce clutch. the dana 60 has new warn hubs, bearings and seals. its got what looks like a 6" lift and 35s. other than that its pretty plane, flat black, leaky greasy hydroboost. i didn't get to drive it because the battery was dead so i'm supposed to stop by tomorrow. he wants 8 grand for it which i think is high.

2. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

sounds awfully high. do you have any picture of it?

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

the motor was built buy a good shop in town so he probably spent a pretty penny for it and is using that to try and justify his price. i'll bring my camera to work tomorrow and snag a pic for you guys

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

That better be a show truck! I just spent the last 3 months shopping for a crew cab 4x4 and I saw a lot of nice trucks in that price range on the west coast. I paid much less than that for my 91 crew cab 4x4 through Ebay 3 weeks ago.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's 22 years old, and needs some work ??? Find out what the shop charged him, and offer him $500.00 over that amount.

6. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

maybe its one of those deals where his wife is making him sell it so he priced it to the moon. LOL!

7. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

My buddy just picked up a clean '79 K30 crewcab for $4000CDN. Only a 350, but it does have a Ranger Overdrive in it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Too high, IMO, for that truck. Unless its in showroom condition, I would keep searching for another one, cheaper. Cheaper trucks are out there, just have to keep your eyes open and ask around. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Jason, there are at least 5 in the Portland area that are less $$ than that and seem to be in great shape. www.portlandautotrader.com

10. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

That is extremly high based on your description. When I was looking for a crewcab last spring I saw something close to that sitting on a dealer lot in Redmond, OR for $4000. It is gone now but there are better deals available.

11. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

This 1981 Crew Cab cost me $5,000, and it has a built .030 over 396 (402), and came with 39.5" Boggers.

12. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

yup, not even going to persue it any farther. if someone is a little over priced i'll try and haggle with em. but when they are several grand over i don't bother. either they think their sh!t is gold or they don't really want to sell it.

still don't see a lot of crew cabs around here. at least not the 4x4, dana 60 variety.

13. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Dont worry they are out there. Most owners just like them too much to sell them /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sooner or later someone will need the money and have to let there gas guzzler go and you will be there watching... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. thatK30guy

I'm keeping my eyes open for either an '87 V30 SRW regular cab and also a '91 V30 SRW crew cab. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm still searching for one, but at the right price. Every one that I've found was like $8000 or more. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I'm not eager to pay that much for one of these. That's why I keep looking around.

But fear not, I WILL find my '87 or '91. And, it will be the right price, too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i've only seen a couple one ton, reg cabs in my town. the rest are crew cabs. gotta get me a 60 one of these days!

16. thatK30guy

Are you wanting a true K30 truck or just the D60? Wouldn't make sense to buy the whole truck for just the D60 when you can find the 60 for cheaper.

17. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

both! i'd really like a crew cab for work and hualin the kids. then another dana 60 for the next project i do.

can't i have it all?! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

18. thatK30guy

Ok, I see your point now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah, nothing wrong with having it all. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Just wished I did, too! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i reall only need a 3/4 ton for work, but when i saw that crew cab i thought that would be cool for the kids too. might still go burb but its a pain stuffing tools in the back. plus i'd have to have a custome rack built for lumber.

20. thatK30guy

Yeah, I understand. I would love to have the crew cab to haul more people, but also would like to have a Sub for more interior room. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Guess the only thing you can really do is to buy a crew cab and throw on a topper with a removable rear window so the kids can climb in and out of it for more room. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif