Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats this hardtop worth????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CRAZEDHICK3, Sep 26, 2002.

1. CRAZEDHICK3

CRAZEDHICK3 Registered Member

i have a full hardtop from a 75(i think) blazer. its the one that goes all the way to the windsheild. i would like to sell it ,but dont know whats its worth. its in perfect shape. any help would be appreciated.

2. I bought mine for $400 and it was in almost perfect shape. You'll know if it's a 75 if the seams on the outside overlap. The overlapping seams are the preferred fullconverts because they are stronger and less prone to cracking.

3. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Not much unless you find the right buyer. (That goes for just about anything, huh?). You can't ship it - too big and heavy. I have one on my 1975 blazer and it is a monster to get on and off. If it has slider windows (doubtful) you could sell them. I installed sliders on mine and they make it look great.

I have seen these go on ebay (and not go) for around $25 to $50 when they sold.

A guy in Kansas has one for sale for $125 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1862630951

I doubt it will sell unless the right buyer comes along. No bids yet.

It would be a shame to junk it though. Hang on to it if you have the place to keep it. Someone will need it one day, I guarantee it.

4. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i bought a whole parts truck for 400 dollars just to get the top off it and then resold the body for 120 dollars.so i basically bought my top for 280 dollars.like others said you just have to find the right buyer.