Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats this truck worth?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 53chevy, Jan 24, 2007.

1. 53chevy

53chevy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

2. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

I've seen that one before, I think a member used to own it. I would say it's worth the 6K. Considering what it is and what has been added to it.

3. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

Price out what it would cost to make a truck Look like that and its a lot higher than 6k. I saw a few issues with it. One of the pics show the brake lines completely rusted out. But they say no rust:confused: . If you look around most military trucks are going pretty high even in bad shape. I dont like the tiresthat are on it but for a mud runner it would be bada$$. But for trail duty it seems top heavy and the tires a liablity mor than a asset due to there weight. that 6.2 has trouble getting out of its own way with the stock tires on it.

But the truck is worth what they are asking to someone. They just have not seen it yet, Cause that is the 2nd time that truck has been on ebay. I wanted to get it and get rid of those tires and put some 44's swampers and lower the ride height but the seller would not come off the price enough to make it worth my wild.

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

As always......it's worth more as parts than it will ever sell for as a complete truck.

Go check out the FOR SALE area, and see how many complete trucks get sold for more than $5000......EVER. There is/was a gorgeous K20 on Mog axles offered at $20K, then $17K.....then $13K. Lots of people wanted it / wished for it / dreamed about it, but the reality is that no bank would ever finance a purchase like that, and most of us don't just have an extra $13K sitting in the checkbook for discretionary purchases like that.

Same goes for this eBay truck. There's no way you could build that truck for $6K yourself, but that doesn't mean it will sell for that..... I know, weird. :dunno:

5. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

I think its worth it. After all the money I have invested in my K5 (well over double) I am still on half tons.

6. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Second time I know it has been on eBay in three months time not sure if it sold last time but was under 6K last time!