Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's this worth?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blasphemous, Mar 20, 2007.

1. blasphemous

blasphemous 1/2 ton status

I have a chance to pick up an 80's something K5 blazer. It's fairly local (about 25 miles away) and from a co-worker who will help tow it home. It has a 305, 700R4 trans w/ (he thinks) a 208 t-case. It has 10b axles front and rear. Missinge on of the doors and the entire hog house is gone. Also, there's no front driveshaft. He hasn't had the motor running since he bought it, but said when he bought it, it had been a running motor. It's sat for about a year at least.
    I know what he wants for it, but I don't know what it's worth. It'll come w/ some well worn roller wheels/tires. He'll help haul it home for some beer. Tell me what the whole thing is worth, and what I could part it out for... aapproximately?

2. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

its probably worth a couple hundred bucks... and worth more in one piece

3. blasphemous

I figured I could get $50 for the front 10b, at least. $100 for the 305 if I can get it running. $150 for the 700R4 and another $100 for the 208. Get maybe $50 for the rear springs. Scrap the body for a few extra bucks.
    Do those prices sound reasonable? I think they're just a little low, I'd want to move the parts ASAP to make my money back on the buy.

4. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Not worth practically any effort, IMO.

5. blasphemous

I want the frame out of it for my project. I want to be able to make my money back out of it though.

6. YZEATER

YZEATER 1/2 ton status

what does he want for it?

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

x2

It may take a little time, but you can sell the entire drivetrain eventually and oughta be able to get a decent amount of $ for it. Doors, hood, glass etc can be worth something also if in really good shape. Tires and wheels could score some cash also...

j

8. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

If it was closer i might be interested in the axles but im in eastern VA. Taking a trip to WV soon but my truck wont be holding any axles..

9. 64suburban

64suburban Registered Member

What it's worth or what somoeone is willing to pay for it, is really hard to say. here is some stuff on ebay that my Dad is selling, and at the time of this post nobody has bid on it.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmalexndr

A mounth from now you could sell the same thing and get less or more for it. I just deppends who is looking and needs it at the time. I hope the truck ends up being a good deal.

10. blasphemous

He'll sell it to me for $275, otherwise it's "not for sale" though.

11. AFUFO

AFUFO 1/2 ton status

sounds wortth it to me..

12. slyguy_22

slyguy_22 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i bought a complete running blazer, 79 with 350 th350 dana 44 front 10 rear for 300.00. that was by dunb luck, but i seem to have lots of that. i sold the top for 150.00 doors 50.00 each hood for 50.00 the 350sbc as is for 250.00 the trans for 100.00 and the wheels and tires for 125.00. and the front clip for 175.00 i just wanted the tub and frame. so as you can see i made out very good on the deal. i had the hood and top sold even before i had the paperwork changed

13. blasphemous

I just told the guy I'll take it. Working on getting a trailer to get it home this weekend. If so, it'll be up for parts as soon as it hits my driveway.