Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WHATS THIS WORTH?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

hey guys, i was wondering,
    what do you think a 98 2 door tahoe with leather seats, sound system, 4" lift, and 33x12.50 SSR's with american racing rims is worth?
    cause a guy at my school wants to trade me my k5 for that, straight up. this is very tentative because i wanna know what i can sell that tahoe for. cause my plan would be to make the trade, then sell the tahoe, buy another blazer so then i would have more $ to put into the blazer, and also have money to put like beefier axles into.
    what do you guys think?

2. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Its worth alot more than your K5. They look to be going for the low 20Ks for a 4 door.

Dan

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

98 2 door is worth a hell of a lot more than the k5 money wise. Shoot you should be able to sell it for a pretty penny. I might even sport it for a few weeks, sell the lift and tires(lifts aren't cheap for new body style IFS) put it back to stock and buy a cheap k5 to start on.....Thats just me though. I hope everyone realizes these 2 door tahoe's and yukons will also make their way to collector's items some day. Never as cool as its k5 ancestor though.

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

The '98 will be hard to sell with the lift, so if you want to make money, plan on returning it to stock. Although the 2 doors are kind of a collectors item, they are not worth nearly as much as a 4 door in todays market. My brother had a hard time selling his Yukon GT. It should be worth a lot more than an '85 Blazer though.

5. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

I've seen a 96 2 door sell here in AK for $18K

6. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

keep it and swap in a solid axle cut the top and have a custom one made! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif or not?

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

For what it is worth.....I paid 13K for my 4 door 1996 Tahoe in January. It has a 6" and 35's leather, A/C and all the other bells and whistles. . My bank "Blue Booked" it at 14K

8. Confederate9

no doubt its worth more than my car
    i just have to see what happens

9. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

Is the guy kidding or is the Tahoe stolen? Is there something wrong with it? Better check out the title.

N.A.D.A. puts that truck at about $17k in your area, depending on options. Lifts, while expensive don't necessarily add any resale value to these vehicles. As far as wheels and tires, that is probably comparable to what you have on the K5. Blue Book on the K5 is under $4k (sad but true). The lift, exhaust and stereo won't increase your resale price more than a few hundred.

10. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I dont know what your k5's like so I cant say it would be a good deal or not. Around here 2 door yukons and tahoes usually dont get any where near $20k. I see '97's go for $10k. I would guess your k5 isnt worth $10k right? I paid 2600 for my '85. I would take the trade sell the lift return it to stock buy a decent k5 that has a good motor, tranny and maybe some 12 bolts to start out with then throw the 33x12.50's off the tahoe on to the k5, then just upgrade from there.

11. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Just keep in mind that selling cars right now is not easy in most places (at least in San Diego). A lot of these lease returns are showing up, and the used car market is flooded. It might take a while to get the $$ you're looking for.

12. Confederate9

the thing is its not stolen! i helped him put the lift on it and stuff. kinda odd.
    im just waiting to see what plays out

13. Qubit

Qubit Registered Member

Was the intake manifold gasket ever changed?

The factory gaskets on the vortec engines are known to typically fail under 70k miles. If this happened, and the owner didn't catch it in time, then coolant may have gotten into the crankcase. Have the cooling system pressure tested, check for signs of the gasket replacement, etc, etc.

Also, check the rear wheel well for water leakage.. i think there was a recall for this.

send me the vin if you want, i can run it for you.

14. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

wow, sounds like quite a deal. Something doesn't sound right though, thats an expensive truck to be trading for your Blazer. If you did it though, I would say make that into your wheeler, doing a straight axle swap. Dont see many of the 2 doors around, would be a cool truck once it was built up some more.