Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's THIS worth?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Swanson52, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

What\'s THIS worth?

I have no idea about this, but here's the story...

I was helping my girlfriend's stepfather paint a rental he owns and he told me about this 'Willys thing' he has in his shed. It was his uncle's (who has passed away), and this rig is just hanging out in his shop. Of course I checked it out-it's a 50's Willys Wagon, complete and rust free. No dents that I could see (covered with at least 2 decades worth of dust). Engine, transmission, t-case all there, the only bad part about the rig is the interior. Mice have pretty much torn it up. Anyway, he doesn't know what he wants to do with it, and is considering donating it to me. What's up with these things? Any opinions?

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Re: What\'s THIS worth?

The right person would kill for something like that. I say dont do anything to it. If its untouched leave it that way. 'Course its yours and you can do whatever you want with it.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! even if you dont want it you could put maybe a few grand into it like replacing all oils and seals and new interior and tires and sell it for lots more than a few grand

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Is this similar to the "Chevelle in some old lady's garage", except it's a 4x4? I know exactly NOTHING about these rigs...

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'd hop on that thing in a heartbeat. If it just needs an interior, do a custom refinish, then restore what you can on the outside.

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

yes it is just like the chevelle in the little old lady's garage there are lots of people out there who would buy that thing the way it is for some big $$$ depending on how bad it is as it sits you know like the paint how much it would take to get it drivable how bad is all the interior how is the wireing stuff like that but with everything there you could probably sell it the way it sits for around $3000 if not more to the right person

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

TAKE IT AND KEEP IT!!! Those things are so valuable, the right sucker....er..I mean buyer will shell out mucho dough for one of them, especially a virgin truck!

If you really need the cash for it, put it up on eBay and see what happens. I'm gonna bet the bidding can/will get up to $5K since it's a virgin. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

8. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I saw about the samething up in alaska and they were asking 5000. Said it sat forever, cleaned resealed and lubed. thats it.

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How about some pic's ???? I'm sure someone out here would swap you a Blazer for it. I might. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif