Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats up with cops sometimes?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan B., Jul 10, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Now i don't mean for this to turn into one of those lets all bash the police thread... We have some great cops on this board, but maybe not all cops are like them.

I got pulled over last night in my camaro, reason was for a brakelight being out..
    Long story short, after 20 minutes of waiting, he came back to my car with a fix it ticket.. i asked him if could step out and fix the brakelight, so i popped the trunk and fixed the ground tab so my brakelight worked again.
    Then he asked me to sign the ticket and get it fixed within 30 days... As respectfully as i could i said 'didn't i just fix the problem?' He replied that he cant sign off his own fix it ticket.
    So i closed the trunk and as he asked me to sign the ticket, he THREW the hard plastic ticket book onto the trunk of my car from about a foot away.... rather than HANDING IT TO ME to sign. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I've worked my a$$ off for my car, and no one touches my car, but its okay for a cop to do whatever he wants to it?
    If anyone else other than a cop threw something hard onto my car, the side of their face would be getting re-arranged. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif So since he has a badge that makes it okay?
    Whats up with that? Am i really going to get pissed and ask the officer why the [darn] he threw something hard on my car? He wasn't real nice so i didn't want to cause another issue here, but I felt like after i fixed my brakelight in under a minute, he was straight up punking me by thowing that on my car, knowing how anal car guys can be about their classics.
    I donno maybe its just me, but it seems like the respectful thing to do when your an officer is to hand the ticket book to someone NOT throw it on their car. I sure treated him with respect, and all i ask for is the same in return. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    Sure my paint job isn't fresh and perfect, but its the principle here... if it was a fresh paint job i'd be absolutely furious and would have said something right then and there.

Should i file an anynomous complaint here?

Doesn't that seem a bit disrespectful to you?
    /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Slightly,,but yes, definately file a formal complaint.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Maybe you should call his department and leave him a message.........

"Yes sir, there's a deputy sheriff in OK that would like to show you how to be real cop and don't a disrespectful fawkface with a badge."

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

probably going through Doughnut withdraw........ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Ryan B.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I eagerly await a reply from MoabDadC22 to see what he has to say about this... As i know he is a police officer, and he has a couple of classic Chevelles and has put a lot of time and money into em like myself.. So this might strike a nerve with him too... I really doubt he would throw anything on anyones nice classic car, because he has a couple in his garage.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

It's cause your a long haired surfer boy.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifYou shoulda threw it back at him after you signed it.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifI would have , I have a terrible attitude when it come to people like that....So yeah after I got bailed out I would have filed a complaint.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. Ryan B.

nah, i cut my hair yo.
    and if it was long, it was tucked under my ck5 hat... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

So if mr. officer made a mental note of my hat, comes to the site and finds my post, please... register and post up the other half to this story.. I'm wondering why i deserved a new scratch in my car's paint for a brakelight out? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

holy crap dude if its that camaro that i saw, than ya id be super pissed, hell even if it was my truck id be pissed, you never mess with a man's car, it is forbidden, thats sucks dude, even more so scence you fixed it right in front of him oh well, sorry to hear that,
    dale

9. Ryan B.

[ QUOTE ]
    holy crap dude if its that camaro that i saw, than ya id be super pissed, hell even if it was my truck id be pissed, you never mess with a man's car, it is forbidden,

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep.
    [​IMG]

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

man i m drooling all over your car, i love first gen camaro's!!!! that is shitty it would be all i could do to kepp from dropping that doode, was it chp or a local sherrif?

11. Ryan B.

Local city cop.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    probably going through Doughnut withdraw........ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

CA cops can't eat doughnuts anymore, they eat bagels and drink double cappachinos from Starbucks...........

Seriously though, he should have his ticket book broken off in his ass for screwing up the car. I know a lot of cops don't give a rat's ass about their patrol cars, but we are overly proud of ours. So proud in fact that someone usually is lucky if they don't get their ass beat for messing with them. We beat the crap out of them cause of what we drive on, and we baby them even more than our personal cars. We care so much that we almost had the wrath of my whole department come down on an ADA the other day cause she was showing off and threw rocks at one of our new cars. You can cuss us, you can assault us, you can make comments about our moms, but by God you don't [darn] with an Oklahoma lawman's patrol car.................. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    he THREW the hard plastic ticket book onto the trunk of my car from about a foot away.... rather than HANDING IT TO ME to sign. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    I've worked my a$$ off for my car, and no one touches my car

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    Whats up with that? Am i really going to get pissed and ask the officer why the [darn] he threw something hard on my car?

[/ QUOTE ]
    Heck yeah! In short of yelling and getting in his face, tell him to be more carefull and that he should have more respect for other people's property!....especially a camaro.

Remember Ryan, cops are PUBLIC SERVANTS! There job is to protect us and serve us, not be jackasses and throw their sh!t on law biting citizens property. Some cops get this macho attitude when they strap their gun and badge on and it intimidates some people and they treat them like they are god or something. There would have been nothing that cop could have done to you for telling him to be more carefull with your car...whats he going to do? haul you to jail under section code3957979457694 for asking an officer to have a little respect? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

It shure is nice though when you get a nice officer...I got my mudflap fix it ticket signed off the other day and we were chatting about my work etc...he was cool. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I would file a anynomous complaint.

15. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

did he actually scratch it? if he did then id file a complaint with the police department with pics to show what he did and ask them to fix it

16. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    did he actually scratch it? if he did then id file a complaint with the police department with pics to show what he did and ask them to fix it

[/ QUOTE ]The only problem I see with that is, it'll make him a target with that officer and his buddys. An anynomous complaint might be the safer rought.

17. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I agree, talk to his sergeant first and then file a complaint if necessary. See if his dash cam shows anything.....the cops I know arent this way at all but I'm sure there are some bad apples out there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

18. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You could file a claim against him personally, for repairing the paint job he scratched, in small claims court. That will make his day! And if somehow you won, he might have to report this to his police department for insurance reasons, and that would go on his permanent record.

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    here job is to protect us and serve us,

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, wrong. Our job is to enforce the statutes and ordinances of the state and municipality in which we serve. If my job was to protect, I would suck at it. In some ways, and on the chance of luck, we may protect the citizenry, but we are operating in a reactive role most of the time depending on the location.

[ QUOTE ]
    The only problem I see with that is, it'll make him a target with that officer and his buddys.

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends. It has been my experience that the majority of cops who are total asses and receive complaints that are justified usually don't have too many friends within their agency because most of us don't want to be associate with those types of cops.

20. Ryan B.

[ QUOTE ]
    The only problem I see with that is, it'll make him a target with that officer and his buddys. An anynomous complaint might be the safer route.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Exactly. Last thing i want to do is get my local police pissed off and looking to dick with me. Whether its one or a dozen of em. (I already know of one that is keeping an eye out for me smokin the tires again, after my warning. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif)
    A calm, sincere anynomous complaint should do it.
    I've completed my rant, and just need to let it go.
    /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif