Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats up with SNORT?

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by jekbrown, Jan 11, 2005.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

anyone know why the forum has been down the last two days? There is a 70s furd FS on there my dad wants to go look at and maybe buy, but the snort forums have been belly up for a couple of days now. Anyone have any inside scoop for the guy that runs it or anything?

j

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

No inside scoop, but it sucks that it is down. Are you talking about that white F250? That looks like a pretty good deal... and if I remember right it is a 390/4spd truck!! Sweet!

3. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

i too am in the dark:confused: :confused: :confused:

i want to know what's going on over there. :(

4. jekbrown

yeah, its a project truck... from what I gather from the guy its gonne need atleast 1 new door and some body work. Some rust, some dents etc. Somethings ****ed with the tcase shift linkage too, not sure whats up there. My dad and I have been looking for a project truck like this for some time now. If the 390 in it runs good he'll probably buy it. My contribution for the thing is workin my azz off to get it in semi-restored tow-rig-ready shape. In exchange for all my hardwork, I get to borrow it when dad isnt using it. Then all I have to do is save my $ to get a 16' dual axle trailer and my K5 can become off-road-only. :) I'd like to have my rig always be street legal... but if it was OFO, i could sell 1 set of tires/rims, I wouldnt need to worry about emissions or tags and I wouldnt have to worry about liability issurance either. Not a bad deal.

Im not a towing guru, so I may be asking for some advise on building a tow rig when the time comes. I'm always thinking crawler/trail-rig... so its tough to break the mindset. lol!

j

5. thor

thor 1/2 ton status

It's back up today...

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Actually, all the forest roads still require registration and insurance. But I think WA state does sell an ORV permit that covers the registration part?

7. jekbrown

so all these non-street legal off-road only tube concoctions people run have insurance? wha? I never wheel in WA... is OR the same way? don't see how you'd ensure a non-street legal rig.... not like Geico is gonna cover ya?

at any rate, snort is back... and hopefully the guy selling the rig will respond soon...

j

8. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I think if you asked about the insurance and registration requirements on the OBH list you would get a lot of good info. I've seen that topic covered a couple times before. Main sticking point is that we as wheelers want the trails designated as roads to help keep them open. Then roads will require insurance and registration by law (or some types of roads/trails you can use an ORV permit).