Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's up with that sniper in Maryland?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Oct 7, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What\'s up with that sniper in Maryland?

He killed 6 people and shot a 13 year old boy. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s up with that sniper in Maryland?

Did they determine that he shot the boy? Last I heard they werent sure if it was the same guy. Said it was possibly a different caliber gun than the others and the kid wasnt killed.(Thank God)

3. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

news say's it's linked....SICK FAWKER!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Actually its killed 6 wounded 2 (Fredericksburg & Today) They actually locked down my kids school and we had to cancell his baseball practice today.

The thing that amazes me are the so called "experts" they have on the news about how this is an "expert marksman" and he's using a "military style" assult rifle with a scope, and how all this damage is caused by hollow point bullets. geezze this people are fawking idiots.

I'm waiting to hear Rosie Odonel blame this on the guns, /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif... yea and its the spoons fault your such a fat a$$..

I'll shut up now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Well...... The Lunatic is using .223 cal ammo same cal as the M-16 and AR-10. Both military rifles. You can buy bolt action chambered for the 223 round. But by far the most common gun that shoots 223 are the military type semi-auto weapons. In the proper hands the M-16 can kill at great distances.
    I have to admit the guy is a good shot. I think he or they? have done 4 head shots at distance. Witness say they see the people hit before they hear the shot. So there is quite a bit of distance involved.
    This whole thing is pretty scary to me. There is a severe nut case running around. Who is smart, a good shot, Aparently knows how to conceal hinself, shoot, and get away without being seen.
    US marine Snipers in Vietnam racked up an impressive amount of kills. One Marine sargent and his spotter wiped out an entire company of Vietcong. They did their work deep in enemy territory. surrounded by the enemy.
    An individual(s) with that kind of determination can wreak all kinds of hell in todays mindless society
    I think if I lived where that stuff was coming down I would be Very Very aware of my surroundings. And keep My babies close.

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I have to agree with ya Thunder - My AR-15 w/iron sights is the most accurate out of
    the box sonofagun I've ever owned! I don't even have the match barrel either! With a
    scope on one of these, a good marksman can do some serious damage. Doesn't necessarily
    have to be an AR type rifle either - it could very well be a Mini-14 or similar. The "talking
    heads" on the news don't know squat either. To them (the media) ALL gun owners are
    "nut cases".

7. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Actually I was criticizing the stuipd news people. My point being that there are about half a million people around DC (military and ex-military) that are capable of putting a round in the black at 500 yards with metal sights, It dosent have to be some gun nut or expert marksman who has been shooting for years like there saying. I bet my wife could put rounds in the black with my AR-10(.308) after a week.

And I couldnt agree more about Marine Snipers, I had one for a roommate for 3 years. We were in Panama in 89 and Libera in 90 together.
    [​IMG]