Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's Up With The ORD Forum?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nvrenuf, Mar 16, 2006.

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

It seems like no one (from ORD) is checking on this forum, are they gone to some long term event? I noticed the other day that Stephen hasn't been on since January. The only reason I'm asking is because a lot of product questions (mine included) are having to be answered by non-ORD people.

:dunno:

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

call them, even when they were around they rarely checked or answered questions on the ORD section of the forum.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Yeah I emaied them and called. Just got a message phone :dunno: and no reply to Email. So I bought my stuff bout $1200 bucks worth from somebody who cares.http://www.topguncustomz.com/home.php They treated me great!

4. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

That's strange, because I have no trouble getting thru to ORD on the phone.

I'm sure you took the time to tell the company where you got your stuff to support CK5 like ORD, right?

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Hold it! :doah: I didn't mean to start a thread that was negative towards ORD, I have no complaints at all about them. I just simply wondered what was up. :dunno:

6. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Did you call them during regular business hours? It would be a shame for ORD to go the way of MOO or WMS because ORD makes some stuff that no one else makes for our old GM trucks.

7. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

I am plenty happy with the steering brace I bought from ORD :bow: They gave me great service :waytogo:
    thanks,
    James

8. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

They are there I just talked to Stephen yesterday, it was the first time I had actually spoken with the man himself. He is very knowledgeable and quite helpful. When he did not have an answer to my question he referred me to someone who did.:D

Ira

9. shoudabinacowboy

shoudabinacowboy Registered Member

Every time I've called they've been more than happy to answer my question and have known exactly what they're talking about. Great service is all I've gotten.

10. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

11. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

Every time I have called them they are there. Had a question for Stephen and they had him call me back.....and he did about 20 min later.

12. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Hey I am not putting down ORD. I kno They have helped many people here and i have recomended them many times to people. I just simply reported what happend to me. It has also happend to others too.
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167111&highlight=ORD

When I was ready to spend some money on my truck . ORD did not answer my requests. I wanted a lift, shocks, brakelines ,ECT and some axles. I was ready to spend some serious change.
    I look at it this way. If a company that does business over the internet wont even answer simple emails needing recomendations of proper parts, prices and shipping costs of products they sell. Then I call at aprox 3:30 PST on a week day and get an answering machine I guess they dont want my business. So I went elsewhere.
    Glad I did cuz I got in on a free shipping deal and saved a good chunk of change.
    I dont care if they sell lift kits for Civics. If they have what I want at a good price plus free shipping. I'll buy. weather they are vendor on CK5 or not.

So go ahead boys Flame away.:D

13. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Yeah I agree, and there is a LOT of competition out there nowadays. Answering the phone or returning calls is key in sales, maybe ORD is getting too big and needs someone who just answers emails and phone calls :dunno:

14. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Easy killer.

15. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ORD is not an internet Company their sales really are mostly on the phone. The ORD forum is there to get questions and comments out not really for actual selling of parts. There are way to many things that need to be gone through to just order everything over the net.
    Trust me they are not that hard to get in touch with. I know for a fact that they are there answering phones until after closing time and have three people full time in the office with the possibility of a fourth and fifth if needed.
    I understand that some might have a problem now and agian and that is just part of doing business but they are there and will be for some time.

16. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It is actually kind of risky for any vendor to try and give anybody technical advice on this message board. I remember a couple of times Steve (from ORD) tried to come on to this discussion board and give technical advice to some people, and a couple of “Super Techs” with inflated egos disagreed with him, and tore into him for trying to help. This is why it is better just to call any vendor on this site for one-on-one technical assistance, so the all the narcissistic “Super Techs” will keep their noses out of it.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  17. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I have always had good dealings with ORD. Stephen was the order taker when I got my "Doubler" and he answered every question I had in great detail. I was so impressed with the quality of info in his answers to all my concerns about the parts I was buying.

Tom

18. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

first ord rules in my book.

and second in any bissness these days if you dont have it just say i can get it for you. as it makes them happyer and you look good in the long run and gets you the money and repet customer also.

19. Teamstatic2001

Teamstatic2001 Registered Member

I have never had a problem with ord, they have answered my calls, my emails, and ive placed a few orders with them and plan doing some more, infact just monday I ordered that bad ass engine crossmemeber and it was here yesterday on thursday. I am quite happy with them.

20. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

I ordered my first ORD product (the nifty Bolt-in Steering Box Brace Kit) Thursday night, and it's already pack up, scanned in and ready to ship out UPS Ground. I'm only a state away from ORD, so it should be here no later than Tuesday (weekends :mad: ).

I've never called or e-mailed them, so I can't speak to that issue either way.