Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's up with you Canadians?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JohnnyFresno, Mar 21, 2003.

1. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

What\'s up with you Canadians?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-anthembooed&prov=ap&type=lgns

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s up with you Canadians?

Well at least we beat them by 200%.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Please remember that we're not all uninformed, stupid, or anti-American.

I'm embarrassed by their actions, I'm disgusted with Canada's official stance.../forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I'm also embarassed by those fan's actions, but not surprised with the government's official stance, not that I support it. Canada's policy in supporting the U.N. would make it virtually impossible for them to go take military action that wasn't at least U.N. supported, especially since our peacekeeping commitments are overtaxing the military which is continually underfunded. Should the U.N. agree to send in peacekeepers or other military personnel in the aftermath of hostilities I would fully expect sopme sort of Canadian support.

With regards to the hockey fans, this is nothing new on either side of the border. I've been to many playoff games, most notably several Edmonton Oilers - Dallas Stars playoff series where the U.S. anthem is booed in Edmonton and the Canadian anthem was voraciously booed in Dallas. I always made a point of loudly stating how classless I found booing ANYBODY's national anthem. Besides, find me a team in the NHL that doesn't have both American and Canadian players on it .. do you really want to give that impression to players of your own team.

Everyone should take a hard second thought before you want to disparage the symbol of an entire nation. At the risk of being unpopular here, that includes France. They're a free people expressing and doing what they feel to be right .. isn't that what Canada, Britain, Australia, Spain, Germany, Russia, Saudia Arabia, Kuwait and the U.S. are doing regarding this conflict, regardless of which side they fall on?

I agree completely with tRusty, please don't judge the whole by the actions of a select ignorant few. Some of us are here in the States and are fully supportive of the United States' action, even if our crummy liberal federal government isn't. (do I sound Albertan enough for you tRusty?)

Besides .. look at where it occurred ... Montreal .. doesn't that sound a little French? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I agree with Rene. What you guys have to understand is that our country is run by a bunch of French-speaking morons with "little man" syndrome........ Unfortunately, their bad attitude rubs off on the general population who are too lazy to form their own opinions.

You should also take note that that incident occured in Montreal, where a large percentage of the population is made up of the aforementioned French-speaking morons....calling those people "Canadians" is a bit of a stretch seeing that at any given time half of Montreal wants to separate from Canada. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Do I really need to say anything else? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Dont let those frog basterds give you the wrong idea, theyare just a bunch of idiot snobs. Stay west of ontario and east of quebec and youll see a whole hella pile of people who are by the US's sid all the way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

7. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

haha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You guys need to overthrough your stinky french government. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

me being mostly canadian, im quite embaressad at those actions. Some people just need to pull thier heads out of thier arse!

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

There are plenty of folks living here in the US doing the same thing.... we can't lump the Canadians into one group because a few folks at a hockey game boo'ed. Heck I almost hit a peace protester yesterday as he jumped out in front of me to hold up a sign that said "Bush is a baby killer" Too bad I hit the brakes. He would have made a nice hood decoration! We are having fools burns flags here and act horrible. Disgusting to see them. No appreciation for what the generations before them gave up and did to allow them to live in this country and have such freedoms...

10. white_knight

white_knight 1/2 ton status

That is the most pathetic display ..............

I cannot believe it.

Just plain stupid

11. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

for all the times the Americans have done similar assinine things, I think it is funny they got booed.

how many of the NY players are American though?

maybe we should just hang the US flag upside down during the playoffs likethey did to Blue Jays.

obviously I am anti unprovoked attack on Iraq.

typical Canmore loving the Zionists /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

This is probably the first time in my life I like something a Liberal has done.
    No way am I voting Alliance again.

12. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    for all the times the Americans have done similar assinine things, I think it is funny they got booed.

how many of the NY players are American though?

maybe we should just hang the US flag upside down during the playoffs likethey did to Blue Jays.

typical Canmore loving the Zionists /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

This is probably the first time in my life I like something a Liberal has done.
    No way am I voting Alliance again.

[/ QUOTE ]inadvertantly hanging the canadian flat upside down is something that's been happening for dozens of years, by everyone. the problem at hand is there's no `this side up' marking on the side that goes to the fagpole. even canadian government officials have hung it upside down.

also, don't be such a flaming [censored]. I would never Boo someone elses national anthem, nor would I disprespect thier flag, Not even Iraq.

-Rich

13. Can Can

Michael, Michael, Michael..... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

You still haven't figured me out, although I guess that's too much to expect from a truck driver.

BTW, I agree with your new position on supporting the Liberals. Your new provincial Liberal party is doing a great job, eh?

14. Can Can

BTW, I looked very closely and couldn't find the "pro-zionist" angle in my post. I do see that I illustrated my disdain for French Canadian politicians, however.

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess that's too much to expect from a truck driver.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That is such a low blow /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif but then agine not everyone can work at McDonalds. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

16. Can Can

Us stupid equipment operators can throw dirt around better than anybody. I'm sure you can agree....... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hey when I was a kid out in the sand box I wasn't playing I was in training. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

18. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously use the French standards to define provocation. Our next "unprovoked" attack on anyone will be the first.

/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gifDamn I'm blue /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Would I be meeting the French standard if I was to take a dump on top of the Eiffel Tower and wipe my butt with the Tri-Colors?

20. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    although I guess that's too much to expect from a truck driver.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    That is such a low blow but then agine not everyone can work at McDonalds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally somebody has something intellegent to say. Those dumbass truck drivers couldn't tell the difference between their @ss and a hole in the wall.