Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats with mopar guys and the funny hood scoops?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JunkYardCrawler, May 10, 2001.

1. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

almost ever mopar guy i know has a funny looking scoop on there car. i have a friend that has what looks like a trash can ducttaped to the hood of his 73 ruster. and this funny looking yellow car parkd by my house with this thing glued to the hood. not even a hole in it. i don't get it. am i missing something? did the hemmi go to their heads?

2. Ancient_4X4

Ancient_4X4 Registered Member

They are gay

3. Ancient_4X4

Ancient_4X4 Registered Member

4. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

This is a psychological phenominon known as "MOPAR-itis" It stems from a sick fondness for vehicles with un-reliable electrical systems and crappy suspensions. These poor addicted bastards can be identified by the noise they make as they imitate their starters---YIP-YIP-YIP-YIP..as they try in futility to get their pitiful vehicles started.

"Why YES!..the Fast-lane was built just for YOU!! Because we all needed someone to drive slow and screw up traffic!!!!"

5. JunkYardCrawler

LOL. neither one of them start. one of them keeps asking me to help him fix it. worst of all they both think that they are fast.=) i don't think the ruster starts either.

6. JunkYardCrawler

LOL i do think one of them is acutly.

7. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

I know some guys that are Mopar addicts. After asking numerous, in depth questions, searching for the reason they find these cars so attractive, I can only say that I still don't get it.

YIP-YIP-YIP-YIP... this IS what the starters sound like. LMAO!!

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

8. JunkYardCrawler

i ask all kinds of questions about it too and the only response i get is "at least its not a chevy" or "a 426 hemmi will blow the doors off any chevy motor you can get" well man the hemmi is a nice motor and all. but its not even made any more. except in that funny looking concept car. and look at the price every thing is on it. when you say mopar $$$ gose up in the parts stores eyes

9. shane

shane 1/2 ton status

I have to say that every mopar owner I have ever met has been a little off their rocker if you know what I mean. I mean, ford guys, chevy guys, toyota guys, whatever we are all pretty much the same, but the dodge boys - They're just different.

Just keepin it Canadian[​IMG]

10. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

They put the scoops on cause the high performace chrome alternator bracket will only make the car faster if you put a trash can on top of the vehical. The bracket has to be able to "breathe" well.

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

11. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

Dodge cars and Trucks blow. I my down you are a bad ass if you have a Dodge truck.

[​IMG]<font color=red>1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, Middletown, NJ (07737).</font color=red>

12. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

426 Hemi's are really nice engines. AFTER you take all the made-to-fail stuff that Craplyer/Dogged put on or in it. Spend a good $5300 in performance parts and good rebuild. And then you can stick it in a chevy.

[​IMG] Dont steal my truck..I dont need anymore worthless junk over my fireplace.

13. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

for one thing it is spelled HEMI, one M not two. I'm a mopar man tried and true. I can take the jokes and I'm not complaining but you all must know what goes around comes around. Chevy ain't king Sh@t either.
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.bens87toy.coloradok5.com>http://www.bens87toy.coloradok5.com</A>

14. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Ya know, thems fighten words!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html>http://k5chevyblazer.homestead.com/home.html</A>

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm so tired of one of my buddies who is a Mopar nut, keep repeating that stupid saying "Get real, get Mopar!". I dont have to. Why are there sooooooo many more Chevy's on the road than those Dodge "things"?

16. freeforever

freeforever 1/2 ton status

I knda have to get on ITALIs side on this one....it's kinda childish to put down a man for what he drives....$hit my friends Ford ranger is much nicer than mine in ways and mine in others....but it's all in what you love..I love my truck even knowit's not the most reliable thing in the world and if a dodge motor head loves his dodge... well man gotta respect what another man loves and does to it....hell ive seen people do things to there chevys that are shamefull...same with any other brand of truck/car...but what makes a person happy than more power to em. IM not tryin to step on toes I just love alot of difrent cars and trucks and I personaly like dodges and chevys. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    "You can talk the talk...but can you walk the walk?"

17. Ross

Ross Registered Member

Old dodge mucles cars are cool you cant make fun of thouse even if they have hood scupes but for new dodge cars they all suck.

1986 white K5

18. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

What is with all of the ford geeks buying the new F-150's and slapping on the hood that looks like a pig nose...you know the one it has the small cobra type scoop on each side...looks like a rolling pig. Serves no purpose at all..just a big waste of money...I smoke their a$$es every chance I get!

19. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Hate to burst your bubble but they still make the hemi. Check summit racing. [​IMG]

20. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Name some of the made to fail parts on a hemi.