Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

whats wrong with it?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by oletater, Jun 2, 2003.

1. oletater

oletater Registered Member

I was taking my truck up a steep hill off-road, ran for a minute then it cut off. i was sitting on like a 1/4 tank of gas when it cut off so i figured it wasn't picking up the gas. i roll it down this steep hill and try to crank it but it doesn't do anything. i crack a few injectors, doesn't crank. i bleed the fuel filter, whoa, no gas coming through the fuel filter. i get it back home, take off the fuel filter, blow it out real good, then blow air through the inlet to the fuel filter to see if i hear bubbles through the gas filler hose (so i know its picking up the gas), i heard bubbles btw. so its not getting gas up to the fuel filter. do you think its the fuel pump? how much is that going to run? any other ideas?

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

yep i agree sound like manuel pump 2 me
    mabe hook up a LOW pressure inline electric pump there like 20.00 at napa as they di that when the turbo conversion is done as there is not enought room any more for the stand stock manuel pump or at least mine has that and i carry a spare
    hope it helps
    Randy
    p.s. ya might have a clogded sock or from the flexing ya might have just pulled apart 1 of the rubber lines or have a crack in it
    both of these are PERtTY unlikly though given the situation

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    do you think its the fuel pump?

[/ QUOTE ] I dont think it would just stop. Maybe you pinched the line some how since it ran for a little while, or the pump wasnt strong enough to fight gravity.

4. oletater

oletater Registered Member

bought a new pump and I took the old one off today. Spring was broken inside of the pump, kinda goes hand in hand with what i was experiencing out of it when i take turns or go up hills. atleast i hope that was part of the problem. anyways thanks alot guys this place is great for diesel tech. i'm a broke student but whenever i get up some money i'll have to get a membership here!

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    bought a new pump and I took the old one off today. Spring was broken inside of the pump, kinda goes hand in hand with what i was experiencing out of it when i take turns or go up hills. atleast i hope that was part of the problem. anyways thanks alot guys this place is great for diesel tech. i'm a broke student but whenever i get up some money i'll have to get a membership here!

[/ QUOTE ]

Right on, another satisfied customer that wants to give back. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif