Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats Yalls Opinion on Pete Rose

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daleearnhardt01, Jan 8, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I still havent made up my mind on what I think they should do about reinstating him. Just want to see what others think

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well if you look at all the Sports,How many guys got busted for using Dope? Hell you even have a convicted Rapist Boxer still competing.....Gambling....No big deal compared to others

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I don't have a problem with the gambling aspect of it, unless he bet on his team to lose since that would be a "conflict of interest."

What I have a problem with is his lying about it. I can even see the guy holding off sometime before admitting to it, nobody is perfect.

14 years though? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!

Admitting to it right before his book is coming out? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the timing of the interview and the book coinciding with the Hall of Fame inductions? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's apparent he is only a self-serving attention whore ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[darn] PETE ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Who's Pete Rose, and why should I give a [darn]?

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How hard is it to click onto Yahoo and finding the information? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

He was an awsome baseball player, But as a manager he sucked. He screwed up then, he screwed up for the last 15 years, if anyone else had nearly 20 yearsof screw ups theyd be unemployed. so screw him. he did it to himself.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How hard is it to click onto Yahoo and finding the information? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to make a point Bubba, apparently you missed that. Of course I could try to figure out who he is, but the main point is that I have no clue who he is, and thus I don't give a [darn]. I thought you'd be shocked or something that I've never heard of him, which was my entire point. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Since I never heard of him, I was naked. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

As a role model for kids, he has shown them that you can cheat and lie for most of your life and you will be highly rewarded for it.

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't have a problem with the gambling aspect of it, unless he bet on his team to lose since that would be a "conflict of interest."

What I have a problem with is his lying about it. I can even see the guy holding off sometime before admitting to it, nobody is perfect.

14 years though? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!

Admitting to it right before his book is coming out? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the timing of the interview and the book coinciding with the Hall of Fame inductions? Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's apparent he is only a self-serving attention whore ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[darn] PETE ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't have said it better myself..........

Figures another Sooner fan thinks like I do......... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

10. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

He still should be allowed into the Hall of Fame. The hall is about your accomplishments while you played baseball, not your ****ups afterwards. He shouldn't be alowed to coach or anything, but he should be in the hall.

Personally, I think he is a creep. But you can't deny that he wasn't a hell of a ballplayer. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    He still should be allowed into the Hall of Fame. The hall is about your accomplishments while you played baseball, not your ****ups afterwards. He shouldn't be alowed to coach or anything, but he should be in the hall.

Personally, I think he is a creep. But you can't deny that he wasn't a hell of a ballplayer. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea He should never been kept out of the Hall. Maneging maybe but not the Hall. There is ALOT of ppl in the Hall that have done worse things than gambling. I THINK Ty Cobb murdered someone and he is still in the Hall. Pete Rose is one of the greatest players ever. He deserves to be t here.

Nick

12. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Pete was a gamer. Not much of a human being, but one of the best hitters in the game. The same argument could be made about Babe Ruth. Put him in the Hall, keep him out of the game.

John

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops...............

Pete Rose was caught gambling on baseball while he was still in the game, and with that he broke the rules of Major League Baseball.

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to make a point Bubba, apparently you missed that. Of course I could try to figure out who he is, but the main point is that I have no clue who he is, and thus I don't give a [darn]. I thought you'd be shocked or something that I've never heard of him, which was my entire point. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Then try to use some smilies to get your point across. But then again, you have the reputation of being a dumbass anyway, so it wouldn't surprise if you wouldn't know the man who would be giving odds on how old you were when you lost your virginity to your boyfriend.

15. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then try to use some smilies to get your point across. But then again, you have the reputation of being a dumbass anyway, so it wouldn't surprise if you wouldn't know the man who would be giving odds on how old you were when you lost your virginity to your boyfriend.

[/ QUOTE ]

BURN!!!!

16. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats a way to put it! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif