Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's your driveway like right now?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 28, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Cluttered? Clean? Dry? Snowy? Muddy? Wet? Under Water?

The driveway here in town is actually what I call "clean". I even pressure washed part of it last week. And I'm down to 5 vehicles, a frame and the trailer here at the house... so that's like empty. However, the area around the garage up north is getting cluttered.
    [​IMG]

Last weekend, the driveway started out like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

By the end of the weekend, it looked like a small mudfest play area. I had to take the plow and level it out so the ruts wouldn't harden.

The camera batteries were dead so I couldn't take a pic. But it just looked so tempting to want to tear it up. I specifically told everyone to behave and try not to make it worse though.

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

2 suburbans 1,2wd. 1, 4wd
    1 blazer, bigger then life itself!
    1 chev corsica, my daily driver!
    we are a chevy family now!!!:)

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Full of chicken poo, I have to get some gates built,,,:D

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

1 Suburban. 1 Expedition (wifes). 1 Impala (DD). 1 very large military trailer. 6,239 kids toys.

5. gmcjimmy88

gmcjimmy88 1/2 ton status

Right now it is empty. Not there to fill it up. Soon there should be an 84 burban sitting there waiting for me when I return in may. Should be well trained at replacing trannies when I return. I have one to find/replace in the burb and one to find/replace in the Jimmy. Come home from deployment to spend time with the kids in the garage LOL. I would post pics but they always say they are too big for the site.

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

My drive is finally clear all the snow & ice melted last weekend.

Before

[​IMG]

After:cool1:

[​IMG]

The 2 cars are my kids 01 Turbo Jetta and 93 Pontiac Bonneville. All the rest of my vehicles and boat are in the carhole and the shop

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Three axles, 5 trashcans. my Blazer, a large truck toolbox, extra tire. My wife hates me.

8. k5gypsy

k5gypsy Registered Member

I feel sorry for you folks with all that snow. The "no-see-ums" are already out and biting down here... between the weld burns and the bug bites, you end up looking like you have a perpetual case of chicken pox on your arms and neck! lol....

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

We've used to have neighbors that liked to call in the police, thankfully they moved to Utah. Hear that Uncle Matty, headed your way.

Right now we have the old maroon C-10 work truck with wood sideboards, purty silver 77 K-10, and wife's old silver 88 Honda. 70 Sport Satellite sits in the garage.

Live in a residential so we have to keep things tidy, they have a new law on the books regarding unsightly junk.

10. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

I miss my driveway/garage at home. Good thing I have Spring Break next week and the house to myself :blush: :grin:

And oh yea, the green blur in the back is my Yukon

11. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

my drive way as of right now has my 79, my 92 s10, f'ing snow that i cant stand, cuz if you havnt noticed my dd (s10) still dosnt have the gastank in it, or the bed not on it.

if you look behind my 79 you can see a barrel full of parts, and the bed for it and the s10 bothe filled with parts.

my neighbors just drive by and shake their heads at me :D , and my parents keep yelling at me

drive1.JPG

drive2.JPG

12. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Well my driveway looks pretty empty, but my work area on the side of the house is getting filled up, the green '72 gets dropped off today.
    [​IMG]

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My driveway looks funy right now , and my wife is being allright with it for now .

I have Daves truck sitting here awaiting a motor , Shawns 86 needing put together for sale . Both those will leave in the next MONTH I hope .

I also have a 1970 Siverline fish and ski to fix up behind the garage .

And I just dropped a 78 tub next to those to replace my rusted project tub ( from ohio ) thast going on Sunday I hope and living in the garage .

So when I get home , I basically have 4 Blazers and a Impala in my yard .

It don't look worse than my neighbors yard though , his daughter lives in an old airstream in their front yard , she has nice legs . My next door neighbor parks 2 Cherokees and a car in their yard . My straight accross neighbor has 2 Fords , a pontoon boat and a Fronteir . The neighbors on the end must be crackheads , they have 4 or 5 cars in different states on any given day , always different models :grin:

14. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

10 inches of snow and it is still snowing.

15. akbound

akbound 1/2 ton status

Sunny and 70 degrees here. The only thing in the driveway is my wife's Kia Sedona. The truck is at the Base Auto Hobby Shop missing it's engine, which I may be able to pick up today! :grin:

My 78 LeSabre is parked on the street because of some drippage issues........

16. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

My driveway is so friggen chock full lately, I keep running into trucks in the dark

1977 K5 on 31s (rollers, my project)

TWO recently SAS'd 96 Nissan Pathfinders (one all leafs on 35s, one 4 link/bronco radius arm on 33s) one is my roommates, one is a friends we built for him.

1986 Toyota with SAS on 35s, custom flatbed w/ integrated toolboxes. belongs to a friend, I did the drivetrain swap (4.3 TBI) and built the bed

1998 F250SD w/ 4" lift on 35s (roommates daily)

1992 Nissan Hardbody on weenie 235/75r15s (my daily)

1969 Nissan Patrol on 36's (a project that no one has touched in a while)

and lastly, a 22' flatbed trailer.

I got a citation from the city, and am in the process of moving some of the trucks into the back yard.

Theres no snow, no rain, but a lot of rust from steel shavings/grindings, and all the various automotive fluids from having a half dozen project vehicles parked. Lets just say when it does rain, the water beads and runs off the driveway like the windshield in the rainX commercial.

17. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

This is my "driveway", the dorm parking lot at Iowa Lakes Community College at Emmetsburg Iowa. Kinda depressing, March 1st and very little snow, but its still to damn cold for my liking.

Thats my Black and Silver Blazer, Next to it is my muddys shortbox F150
    [​IMG]
    Here is the view from my door to the south.
    [​IMG]

18. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Muddy.... but getiing dryer. But, I think it's supposed to rain again in the next day or two.

Not too cluttered as far as vehicles... the K5, wifes 4wd 01 Tahoe, and my 97 Z71.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] A 78 El Camino that needs a bath. (Pics taken today 03/01/2005)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  20. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

If the wifes z-28 gets off the driveway to far it may get stuck the boy keeps playing with the bronco to close to it. As usual a big puddle next to it.