Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's your driving style?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, Feb 8, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

What\'s your driving style?

Do you drive it like you stole it? Or do you take her nice and easy?

For me...depends on what I'm driving. I don't drive the blazer fast. Every now and then I might punch it, but I generaly drive nice and easy except the trails.
    The camaro is more fun to hot rod in! [​IMG]. Lots of people want to race it. It's fun to git awn it, but usually I drive it nice too. I hot rod it more than the blazer though.

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Re: What\'s your driving style?

I'm like you. It depends. It depends on my mood, and the truck. I usually take it easy in the Jimmy, and cruise. Sometimes I'll give it alot of stupid pedal. If I am driving my dads F350 with 460 V8 its usually being pushed. It has a stout drivetrain, and strong motor, so I'll spin the tires every now and again for fun. I like to race people in that truck too. Its pretty fast for being so big. (dual cab, longbed 4x4) Its fun to lay a little rubber, and smoke a ricer off the line. They get pretty pissed when they get smoked by a 7000lb pickup. If I'm pissed off for some reason I drive like an animal in any truck.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

it really depends on how I feel, how traffic looks, etc, but I always demand respect from other drivers on the road. generaly, I follow the speedlimits, and whatnot, and I always signal before changing lanes... the key is I always signal before changing lanes... as in if that little wierd corner light is blinking, I WILL be moving into the next lane, no questions asked... most people realize this when after 2 sucessive blinks, I begin taking the next lane, although there are a few retards ( amazingly mostly tiny ricers, or mid to giant plastic SUV types) who don't seem to understand, and start honking wildly, and trying to close the gap I've already started to move into... boy that look of shock/rage/fear looks classic in the rear view as they realize that thier feeble tactics fall on a seasoned tank/suburban driver...

don't get me wrong, I don't just randomly merge on people hiding in my blind spots, I always wait for them to get mostly out of the way before begining to take the lane... by merging through thier `air space' I'm generaly garunteed getting into the lane I want, and making anyone who tries to speed through me look like the bigger ass.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

4. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

I usually drive however fast the Blazer decides it wants to go that particular day. Yeah the 305's pretty beat.
    No big deal though - that's why I got the ol' supercharged GTP.

<font color=blue>Rob
    85 K5</font color=blue>
    [​IMG] 24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day - Coincidence?

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I drive offensive, not defensive. It's all about tactics. Now with that said, I'm not a smoke 'em around the corner type, I just go about my business and unlike most people around here, can read the black and white signs with numbers. I always (99%) of the time use the turn signal and when the light goes yellow, I'm on the brakes, not the gas. Since my brake lights are adjusted almost all the way out, I can tailgaters brake checks without the brakes, it's the ones that piss me off that get brake checks without the benefit of brake lights. I hate to tailgate myself due to the size of the K5, so if some horse's butt pulls in front of me, I expand my cushion. There are days that I let loose though. Just last week, my buddy and me were sitting at a light getting ready to get it, when he let off the brakes and shot into the intersection still on red. Needless to say no one came flying through.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Well let's see...

Pissed off= Drive Fast
    Depressed= Drive slow
    Raining= Drive kinda slow

K5 is running great right now...haven't had any big problem's,and I would like to keep it that way for awhile [​IMG]

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

In a rush: Fast, offensive, aggressive
    Laid back: Cruise, Defensive, take my time
    About to miss my train: Pray you hear me coming and get out of the friggin way!

Tailgaters drive me nuts, and I usually find as many ways as I can to further inconvenience them. I.E. slow down dramatically. Like it's my place all of a sudden to be teaching people lessons...lol.
    Anyone ever notice it's seems like women tailgate more than men (please nobeody get all PC like I'm being sexist; simply an observation)? It seems 9 times out of 10, my tailgaters are women.

Brighters at night reallllllllllllly get under my skin. I have crappy eyes anyway, so blinding me at night is not the best of ideas... I have a pair of spots hung under my back bumper and I usually flash those at brighters. If they don't turn 'em down, I turn and leave the rear spots on til they turn off theirs. They usually get the point after the flash, though...

Ratch
    CK5 album
    Your ad here.

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

With me its slow and steady wins the race every time[​IMG], unless I just played DRIVER on the computer for 2 hours[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

9. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I am a good driver, but like others, I kinda drive offensively. I dispise discourteous drivers. I live in Richmond, VA but work in Maryland. THe people up here SUCK. They are the worst bunch of drivers in the world. Ricers, and Little cars everywhere, cutting/weaving/speeding/thinking they're invincible. I just signal and move.

Also I find it fun to waste most vehicles with the HD. That 8.1 really will haul azz. Surprises most people to see me pull away that quickly. Its really cool in the rain b/c i'll put it in 4hi an smok'em at a light.

John

<font color=blue>"When all else fails, read the instructions, or get a bigger hammer"</font color=blue>

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I used to drive like a psycho, but have slowed down recently...just more relaxed now, and drive better. People really piss me off when they do stupid things though. Like driving with their brights on. I always slow down, let them pass me and turn mine on, and get behind them. Also people who drive slow or drift lanes really piss me off...not to offend anyone, but those people are almost always Chinese...

90K5

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I am with you.. If I am in the Blazer i usually drive slow as with my Bro's truck.. But if I am in the Probe, I scare myself sometimes! [​IMG]

Mike

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>EMMETT</a>
    says: "<font color=green>It ain't easy being Green!</font color=green>

12. rain1971

rain1971 Registered Member

I try and drive as carefully and as courteous as i can, i have had 2 big accidents and cant afford my insurance going up anymore.I have finally got my insurance back down to a reasonable rate (6 years).
    so,, i dont gunn it, ,, i follow the rules,,, and i let the buttheads be buttheads,,,
    why let a butthead get to me, with 5 minutes my mind is on something else and i aint concerned with a butthead, , ha ha ha :)
    sometimes just the smallest things seem to brighten peoples days.
    I have seen alot of pissed off drivers about to cut me off or whatever, and when they realize im not being aggressive and a butthead back to them, it seems to calm people down.

once the "rage" starts, people tend to just consider everyone on the road a butthead, i try to show em otherwise.

But, with that said,, i am driving a big hunk of american metal :)
    So i dont want anyone getting wrong ideas about big truck driving self proclaimed rednecks,, I drive a blazer because literally there is nothing else that i have ever driven that even compares. awsome steering radius, nice driver height for clearance, room for passengers, and enough power to pull a truck load of people and still be able to pass.
    so i know that it dont matter what anyone thinks, im doing what i want to because i like it, not just to piss others off.
    :)

rain

Theres no replacement for displacement!
    I want a big block!

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I usually drive pretty fast on the freeway. The wife gets mad when I go over 100.( in our Bonniville) When I'm by my self i turn on the detector and go as fast as I damm well please. I do slow down when I get in to traffic though. I dont like to drive the K5 that fast. usually keep it under 80. High speed is hard on the x-fer case.
    Speed limits suck!! When I first learned to drive there were none here in Nevada. You could go as fast as the conditions allowed. I guess I have never out grew that idea.
    Around town I keep it pretty mellow. Evey now and then I'll hit a ricer to catch a little air, but nothing serious.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i drive pretty offensively and if someone has their brights on at night and don't turn em off i flash my KC daylighters at em and they usually get the hint. the suburban doesn't like to go more than 80mph so i usually go the speed limit on the highway. i'm like Ddragggon i just merg and people get out of the way most of the time if not i scare em.

i'm gonna get an exhaust cut-out thing so when people are acting stupid i can open up the exhaust and scare them, that's why i'm getting air horns too.

--Scott, 1989 GMC Suburban 2500 4" lift, 36" TSLs
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub>http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub</a>

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I just threw on some airhorns awhile back and the only thing I get is "taco truck" comments. I guess that's what I get for living in Norte Mexico. Let's see what the new exhaust does.

Bubba Ray Boudreaux,
    Official Colorado K5.com Fantasy Football Choke Artist!<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1>http://community.webshots.com/user/mdntrdr1</a>

16. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

All depends on how late I'am for work. (notice: it's how late, not if I'm late)- Pretty much a given there.
    On the way home (late again-) I'm a slow lane, set the cruise and crank the radio, kinda guy. Calms the nerves.

Fresh snow on the ground- I'm hangn' the tail AAWWWT.

-'67 camaro. Slow an Easy, [​IMG] gotta keep 'em in suspence.
    -'98 S10 low rider. It's only purpose in life is to set the cruise and enjoy the ride.
    -'76 Beater Blazer - I don't give a fahhhhack. What-ever, when-ever, dosn't matter- BRING IT AWN - punk!

<font color=white>.</font color=white>Eric
    <font color=white>.</font color=white>Twizted

17. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

When we were teenagers we used to cruise the main street. I guess I still apply the same logic now as I did then. I usually just take my time, do the speed limit and look good doin' it. It's still fun to go light to light once in a while too!
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

18. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty decent in my Blazer, but in any of the muscle cars or sports cars I had I'm terrible. My dates usually end up wearing Depends so they do wet themselves [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Anyone who has seen my insurance premium or my ticket record knows [​IMG]

Now the Blazer in the mud or on a run, the driving is a bit more leadfooted and risky [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

19. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I managed to get a cherokee up on two wheels.......in a snowstorm. I drive way too fast in the snow- just because I'm the only one out in the storm. Other than that pretty slow- cops round here look for kids like me

20. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

On the free way I'm a nut. Minimum of 10 over the speed limit. In town I generally do the speed limit. Around schools and neighbor hoods with kids I go about 20.

I drive offensive. If you want in front of me I'll let you in if you use your blinker, but if you don't use your blinker and I can just tell you want over, I'm a total @SS#0!E. And I make it very obvious I want to pass you if you are going to slow on the freeway, but I don't really tail gate too badly.

<font color=blue>Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.