Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats your ideal dream job?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan B., Jun 17, 2003.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you could do it all over again: What would be your ideal dream job to do for a living.? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I was going to college taking auto classes to become a tech at a dealership, but decided to get out of that... I enjoy wrenching as a hobby, but i know i'd be burnt out on it by the time the weekend comes around if i was doing that for a job all week long.
    So now i'm leaning towards transferring for Mechanical Engineering.. I basically need to get 2 AA degrees from Jr college in Math and Physics first before thinking about transferring for a BS degree in Engineering. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Just trying to figure out what i want to do for a living. I know i want to earn lots of money (who doesn't).. and be able to do both work on a computer, and hands on assembly and technical stuff as well.

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well if they hadnt cut my program in HS id be doing computer networking right now at about 50k a year.. but since they cut it, im wrenching at a ford dealer, and its not that bad but i want my own custom shop one day... one day..

3. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

My dream job would be as one of those consultants that get paid huge amounts of money to get everyone else to do all the work.

4. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

What I'll hopefully be doing as soon as the market comes back up...Network Security.

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

run a 4x4 shop or a pimp

6. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Selling Sticks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If this ever starts to get bad I want to be an adult video crittic

7. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

1st choice - retirement /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    2nd choice - Hang out at a medical school and find the senior with the least ammount of self asteem and treat her like a queen /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lottery winner? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

either that or pro athlete/rockstar/actor/<insert other barely ever work get paid MAD bank job here>....

j

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I wanna play in the woods... Going to college for a major in Wildlife Management, hopefully that'll help out there... I can manage bears or something...

Another thing I want to do someday, is open a 4x4 shop here in Cheyenne... D's 4wd blows, and a good 4x4 shop would put them out of business... or make them become betterer...

but yea... the first one appeals more to me... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And if I could go back in time a few months, I would've been a little more aggressive in trying to get that job in Greeley I applied for... it'd be nice to pay for college by managing quality control in a meat factory for $11 an hour, with hours that would go along with my classes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i wanna be the guy that tests the brand new trucks and SUVs out... let them break in the woods and leave em,.... lol

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you could do it all over again: What would be your ideal dream job to do for a living.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Staff writer for this magazine.

12. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    lottery winner? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

either that or pro athlete/rockstar/actor/<insert other barely ever work get paid MAD bank job here>....

j

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say proathlete, rockstar, and actor are all pretty damn hard jobs... you have to be pretty damn talented for any. Athelete: you'd have to have a crapload of endurance rockstar: write, perform, record music... most of it pretty stressfull dealing with agents and bootlegging napster bastards. lol & actor: you'd have to be a ****** liberal. The only actor i respect if probably Charleston Heston /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    actor: you'd have to be a ****** liberal.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Playboy photographer. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Playboy photographer. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    hmmmmm /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif i can dream /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I like drinkin all day but having a fawked back sucks..... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

In a few select asian countries there are men that wanter the country and take a young maidens virginity before she marries...

Thats the job for me... Get put up, get a room with a warm bed and a little lady to keep you company. Get dinner and breakfast... then be on your way with a smile on your face and a limp in your step.

18. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd say proathlete, rockstar, and actor are all pretty damn hard jobs... you have to be pretty damn talented for any. Athelete: you'd have to have a crapload of endurance rockstar: write, perform, record music... most of it pretty stressfull dealing with agents and bootlegging napster bastards. lol & actor: you'd have to be a ****** liberal. The only actor i respect if probably Charleston Heston /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!!!! people who accell in their field generally work hard. At the same time, if u r harison ford... you make 2 films per year (max) and get paid $10-20 million pe film no matter how well it does... and you can take as long a vacation between "work" as you want... Im sure the guy has enuff $ to retire on already. Compared to a lumberjack or a coal miner or a steel worker... thats pretty "easy". /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif naturally, ford is on top of his game/profession... but we could compare him to the best lumberjack who ever lived and still call his job "easy" by comparison.

j

19. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

$5000 per night man-whore that gets work 3-4 nights a week and I'd do business with only female clients. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(I think I covered my arse for come backs on that one /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    $5000 per night man-whore that gets work 3-4 nights a week and I'd do business with only old, post menopausal female clients.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for ya!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif