Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's your mpg with your aftermarket FI?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZOffroad, Feb 17, 2006.

1. AZOffroad

AZOffroad Registered Member

I'm thinking about installing a fuel injection system on my '78 K5's 400 ci motor. I'm open to either throttle body or port injection. A TBI kit is typically a lot less expensive than a port injection kit - but the port injection typically offers slightly better mpg AND a respectable hp increase (compared to TBI). Anyway, on to my question:

If you've upgraded a carb'd motor to fuel injection, what kind did you go with and what fuel efficiency improvement are you seeing?

Also ... any comments about why you went with your particular setup are welcome, and whether or not you would do it differently next time.

Steve
    Gilbert, Arizona
    '78 K5 400ci/TH350 - Daily Driver

2. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

i am curently converting to a TPI setup, i think that is is not that bad a of a swap if you are not scared of some wiring. On the mpg there is a lot of room to play around with, if you want to get into buring your own chips with a wide band o2 you might be able to get some pretty good numbers

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

4. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Holley Projection 4D system, bout 5mpg :eek1: