Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

What's your opinion on SX's?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rockink5, Dec 15, 2002.

1. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

What\'s your opinion on SX\'s?

What are your opinions on Swamper SX's? I am running 36" TSL radials now and I love them but, I am wanting something wider. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gifWas thinking of either a 36x12.5x16.5 or a 38x14.5x16.5. This not an everyday driver so being that they are a steel belted bias is not a problem.

2. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Re: What\'s your opinion on SX\'s?

I ran 38.5 sx on my rig for a year or so.I loved the way they performed.Excellent in the rocks for traction.The sidewalls are very strong.I never tore a lug off like I have with my tsl's.I wish they made them bigger like 42s.When you air them down you have to take them down around 8psi to get them to bulge. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Great rock tire I loved them. The only thing bad I guess is the flat spots they get when it gets cold. The tire will ride like a tank till it warms up. If they ever came out with a bigger SX I would run it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. workingman

workingman Registered Member

I'd have to say they were the best offroad tire I ever had. Until I got in sand. Both times I hit sand in them I went straight to the axles. Everyone else riding with me was lookin at me kinda strange as they didn't have any problems. But if I had to choose one tire it would be them.

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I'm all about the SX's, all the time. They don't wander on the road like a lot of bias ply tires I have owned, they ride a little rough, but not objectionably so, sling mud like champs, grab rocks well, and the ones I have owned as well as ones my buddies have had have worn like iron. SX's are the best tire Interco makes in my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I wish they made them in a 44. Go with the wide 38. You won't be sorry.

7. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I just bought a set of the 38.5x14.5/16.5 SX's, but haven't mounted them yet. The reason I bought them is I have two sets in the past on Heeps and loved them. Very good in the mud and the rocks. Also as stated previously these tires are pretty good on the highway aswell after they warm up.

I would highly recommend the SX's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif