Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats your opinion

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 1-tonmudder, May 5, 2007.

1. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

Here's the deal.I had a 82 K-5 that I was parting 350,465,208,ect.This guy PM's me and want's the motor and trans to put in his Jeep.He comes and drives the Blazer and say's he'll take it.I make him leave half the money($225) for the motor and trans before I pull it. A few days later he PM's me and wants to know if it is a 305 or 350 and I tell him I dont know for sure,so I get the casting #'s and send them to him on Dec17th of 06.He comes and gets the motor and trans and all is well.Got home tonight and have two PM's from two different boards that we are both on and he says that he just today figured out it was a 305 and is very mad and wants me take take care of it before "He has to take it any farther".I responed that I was sorry it was a 305 but that is why I sent him the casting #'s.I did not gaurantee the motor,he drove it and said he would take it.I have no intentions of refunding his money. He got a completely loaded V-8 and a 32 spline 465 for $450.

2. 1BadK-30

1BadK-30 1/2 ton status

Tell him to stuff it. it's his fault.

3. NewUser

NewUser 1/2 ton status

personally id tell him to either..

a) go piss up a rope

or

b) take a flying **** at a rolling donut

he should have checked it out before giving out cash...he had the numbers to check it out and didnt....his loss and his fault

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

motor is his = moneys yours. end of story,LOL

I remember when I bought the "350" and 4 speed from my dad out of his suburban. after I got it pulled out and cleaned up we ran the numbers it was a 305. which was wierd as it was a 3/4 ton 4 spd 4x4 burb. and that 305 was far from gutless. but my dad knew it wasn't what i wanted so he handed me $200 bucks back. this was family and less then a week later.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

He drove it himself, you gave him the numbers to run, he showed up and bought it AFTER both had occured. If he was so intent on having a 350, he should have run the numbers.

His fault.

Reminds me of another deal that I heard about. Guy sold a running 6.2, IIRC he drove the truck until the day he pulled the motor. Guy that bought it let it sit for 6+ months. When he went to drive it the head gasket was bad. Guy was pretty pissed and wanted a refund...if you let a motor sit dry that long **** happens.

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Tell him you'd gladly refund the purchase price...but have to account for 5 months 'rental fees'. $90/ month rental X 5 months = $450. Guess you'll have to call it even... provided he drops the engine and tranny off today. ;)

Rene

7. 1-tonmudder

He is just 19-20 and say's that I knowingly sold him a 305 because he would not know any better,and that I should have made sure it was a 350.He had the casting #'s a week before he picked up the motor.The only part I dont like is the fact that he is going to run me down on the forums trying to pressure me into giving his money back and I have tried to maintain a good rep.I sold that stuff to cheap anyways.He was young,trying to build a jeep and go to school and I cut him a deal.

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

you did your part.

Fairly obvious what happened IMHO

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well, in the future you might either want to check www.mortec.com yourself or provide the link to the potential buyer...

My opinion is he has had more than enough time, before and after taking posession of the goods, to verify the displacement. After 5 months passing he should not even ask for a refund, let alone expect a refund. Can you be assured what you'd be getting back is in the same shape as it was when you sold it? For all you know he ran it, spun a bearing and is now trying to find a way to get his money back out of it...

Rene

10. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Tell the guy he can pick up his refund check at 12 garfield St in marblehead, Ma. :D :haha:

11. 1-tonmudder

I'm pretty sure he hasn't used the motor since he has been trying to sell all his jeep stuff to buy the case adapter,shaft and motor mounts.I might would feel a little different if he hadn't threatened me right off the bat.

12. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

yeah fa#k him eh.

Remington

13. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

First let me state that you should tell him to pound salt. He has had plenty of time before and after to check on what he bought and paid for.

Let me also state that the next time you offer something up for sale and clearly state "350,465,208," make sure it is what you're selling. Not sure about laws in your state but here in California they can sue you for mis representing the item and get their money back. False advertisement.

Let me also add that you can't always go 100% by the casting numbers as i've seen both heads and blocks with the same casting numbers that were both 305 and also 350.

14. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

You gave him plenty of time to look up those casting numbers. On the boards that he is gonna run you down on just simply state "I gave you the casting numbers to look up, and you obviously didn't" Then tell him to eff off.

15. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

go back, edit your post to say sbc instead of 350, then tell him to eat your ass and say you hope he chokes on the dingleberries...

16. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't get it? Whats goin on in MA?

17. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

you missed the locking hub post