Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whats Your Rim Size

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5experience, Jul 31, 2000.

1. K5experience

K5experience Registered Member

I'm running a 15/10 rim on my truck right now and up untill today I haven't had any problems. Well today I took my truck in to get the Ground Hawgs I just bought put on and when they put them on the guy said that he couldn't balance the tires because there wasn't enough room for the weights and when I looked he was right. If I put on normal weights on the tie rod will knock them off, and if I put the weights you put on a aluminm rim on the caliper will knock them off. So I drove home with no weights on and man does it shake all over the place. So my ? is has anyone seen or heard of this before and if so what was done to correct it, because now I have a set of ground hawgs I can't use and if I put the BFG's back on I will still have the same problem.

Hope all that makes sence here are some pictures.
    By the way thanks to all who responded to my window oxidation problem

2. K5experience

3. K5experience

And last one Thanks

4. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Here's a couple of ideas for you. The easy one is to just put the weights on the outside part of the rims, though thew aren't as pretty that way and can get knocked off. The other idea is to go with weight patches that get glued to the inside of the tire itself. Since they're further out from the center of the hub, they require less wieght to do the same job and centifugal force helps keep them in place.