Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Whatta Deal!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by longbedder, Jan 5, 2007.

1. longbedder

longbedder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

One of my wheeling buddies went to a municipal auction recently in our town. He came back with a '95 Caprice Classic cop car with an LT1 in it. It runs great and had 4 new tires and full tank of gas. It was obviously an admin car, as it's in really great shape and the interior's even clean.

Purchase price: $275 :eek1:

2. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

nice find for $275, dood! Caprices are alright, but I'd like to get a souped up Crown Vic someday.

3. longbedder

longbedder 1/2 ton status Premium Member

His current intent is to yank the engine and either part the rest or scrap it. The engine is port fuel injected and similar to the Vette engines of that era, but with iron heads (versus aluminum).

4. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

You like the crown Vic's huh I have a very funny read for you about the ford cop cars.
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/new_cars/1269541.html?page=1
    it is a very sarcastic read in the beggining but please read it all its worth it.
    i thought it was so worth it that I saved it in my favorites! hehe
    chevy owns!:saweet:

that is a really good score on the caprice from what I have read in the past they were most liked by the police because of all the room and versatility they had among the others.

5. OffRoad

OffRoad 1/2 ton status

nice score. if you were closer, i'd give you $300 to sell me the whole thing.:laugh:

6. johnnychimpo

johnnychimpo 1/2 ton status

I loved the Caprices. Over the last 15yrs I've been issued four of them. My last was a '94 LT1, as long as you went fast in a straight line it kicked ass!-fast in the curves=bad. We did'nt retire them until 100-130,000 mi.These were the best cars I've ever slept in. My current Impala would'nt pull a sick whore off a toilet>

7. Tominator II

Tominator II 1/2 ton status

I have a 84 Impala and a 87 Caprice. I got smokin deals on them also. What I like about them is they don't look like a big sperm which is what the 91 and up Caprices look like. So you might as well pull the motor cause that is one ugly car. Whoever designed that body definitely killed the Caprice. :doah:

8. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's a good read. Thanks 2high4u... Makes me wanna buy one even more! I'd rather soup it up myself than get the police interceptor. It'd probably go much faster though.. I'm still a chevy man but I favor the Vics over any other ford car.
    OK, back to the original thread title :thumb:

9. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

good score for sure!

i paid $200 for the '94 9C1 i bought 2 summers ago. stripped and scrapped the car, yanked the motor and trans, and sold it for $500, sold some other misc parts off of it, and i've still got the 8.5" disc braked 10 bolt for a future project. came out about $700 and a disc braked rear ahead.

IMAG0166.JPG