Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel backspacing?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by renny, Aug 31, 2004.

1. renny

renny Registered Member

I plan on getting some black steel rockcrawler wheels and I want the front track to match the rear track. So would I need to get a 4 1/2 inch back spacing wheels for the front and 3 1/2 inch backspacing wheels for the rear?
    My stock suspension 31x10.5R15 tired '85 K5 currently looks like there would be no tuck in room for the tires in the rear when the axle articulates upward and the other side downwards. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

the rear is 3" shorter than the front so 4.5" for the front and 3" for the rear. spacers would be better because you can rotate the tires if needed.

3. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the rear is 3" shorter than the front so 4.5" for the front and 3" for the rear. spacers would be better because you can rotate the tires if needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

that and u will prolly find with cheap wheels they offer very little BS options...ussually 4 or 4.25 for 15X10's with the occassional 2.5 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif