Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheel base

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by luk3, Jun 11, 2002.

1. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

whats the stock wheel base of a k5

2. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

106.5" respectively sir!!!! CC /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. luk3

luk3 1/2 ton status

thanks, wonder if a local 4x4 club will let me in, there wheel base limit is 105

4. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

They probably did that on purpose!! No kidding!! My club doesn't have a limit , but when i signed up the club pres who took the app. said " fullsize... hmmmm???" I changed his tune on the next trail ride!!!! most heep type clubs limit their wheelbase to include early bronco's and misc scouts etc . and keep out fullsize pu's and blazers , burbs etc. they have the mentallity that all we will do is get hung up/ stuck on obstacles , and constantly need to get recovered. We know thats not true with our rigs , and I've pretty much proved it to my bud's!!! as I do most of the SERIOUS recovery work ! CC /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

Get the ORD Zero rates. Put them on the back to shorten your wheelbase down to 105" and smile at the Jeepers. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hehe, that's kinda funny since some of the most capable Jeeps around have been stretched out to 110 or so because the shorter wheel bases cause more problems than they solve. Just go poke around on PBB for a while, all the jeeps (and similar) are pushing the axles out both ends. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Or get a first gen K5, we ae sitttin at 104 /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif