Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel delema quesiton for ya'll

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Jun 17, 2003.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

Wheel delema quesiton for ya\'ll

paid 150$, then just got home with 4 bridge stone dualler A\T's on some funky look'n wheels, i take my drivers rear tire off to put the new rim and tire on, no go, lugs line up, hub dosnt fit tight at all, about 1" of clearence all the way around, and the factory cone style lug nuts dont fit, i stick a Mag wheel Lug nut on and it fits in the wheel and threds on and fits inside the wheel lug hole, so they are Lug Centric wheels, now is this useable or no, and what are my options, should i just go buy some new lugs?, go and switch rims and tires, what do ya'll think? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. La Barge

La Barge Registered Member

Re: Wheel delema quesiton for ya\'ll

most wheels are not hub centric. they are centered by the lugs. there are hub centric rings, but they are mainly used on import cars. i have not seen them for trucks. as long as the mag lugs are not longer then the center thickness of the wheel and it's snug in the wheel you will be fine. hope this helps.

3. 87sm465np208

yea that does help, interesting, well i will see how much it will cost to have them switch over the wheels, or buy new lug nuts, i will post how it turns out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. 87sm465np208

i think im gunna just switch tires and put the new tires on my old rims, and give the tires to my friend for his 91' 4x4 suberban, my old tires will be a big improvement on his bald front tires /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, and i willl be happy to give them to him as soon as i get my new tires mounted and balanced on my old rims. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif