Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel Grease

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by istallion88k5, Sep 7, 2000.

1. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

Ok, tell me if I am screwed. I posted a message about replacing my front end parts cause sears screwed them up royally. Well over the weekend I noticed I had a lot of grease splatters on my front wheels, though maybe I ran through something next day they were back except I could now see the grease is coming out of my front wheel 4x4 hubs. Any ideas on how screwed I am if all the grease seeps out

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Well if it all seeps out then after a little driving the bearing will start getting hot and melting down or weld themselves together.

I iwould open them up and re grease them. I am a little stumped as to why it would be coming out of the lockout, unless they packed the lockout with grease and there is supposed ot be grease on them. To lubricate the lockout you should use motor oil, like a 10/30 or 10/40...

I would open both sides up and make ure there is grease in there and make sure everything is together correctly.

For the grease to seep out by the lock out they would have to put a tons of grease in there unless they put it together wrong!!!!!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. lowlevell

lowlevell 1/2 ton status

When they worked on your front end they probably tore or "forgot" to put the rubber o-rings back on the lockouts.This is the reason no one works on my truck except me.That way i know it is done right.

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

When you go back in repack with marine grease, and when I repack I fill the cavity up to keep out water, no problems so far.

White Knight