Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel hop problem....traction suggestions???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by twenty_below0, Mar 3, 2002.

1. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

OK, I am currently running a 300 hp 350 and am going to drop the new one in here in about 6 weeks, approx. (420 hp) so I would like to get everything ready, currently if I mash it it will spin both rears and they start hopping Violently on pavement, I am running a lock right in a beefed 12 bolt, do they make something to help me out with out limiting my travel (flex ability),on hard dirt or any other ground condition they dont hop just pavement . thx all suggestions greatly appreciated!!

2. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

Are you running lift blocks? This can contribute to wheel hop. Sams offroad has a cool traction bar. I think it's under $200 and doesn,t effect flexibility.

3. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

No blocks, just easy ride springs and Nitro 8000 single shocks, I will check out sam's thx

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you've got too much power. Maybe you could swap in a mid 80's stock 305 to cure wheelhop problem. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

What size tire are you running? The larger the tire, the harder to control wheel hop on pavement, especially if its an off road tire... mine does it too with worn out 33's.