Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel locks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rampage, Jul 2, 2003.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

What brand of wheel lock are you using? I'm looking for a good quality set, something that won't rust or have the chrome chip off. This will be for an 8 lug. I'm assuming I would be able to order a fifth matching lock for the spare. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

One word -- McGuard. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yep, you'll want to check with the folks at McGard. Their website is www.mcgard.com and www.summitracing.com carries their stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif McGard's locks and lug nuts have a lifetime no-rust warranty. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif They cost more than the Made-In-China junk locks and lugs, but you'll only have to buy 'em one time.

4. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

That's what I like, buy it once and forget it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

Wheel locks = Pain in the Ass

Especially if you loose the key /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Do you live in Detroit or something?

6. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I think it would be more of a pita if I lost all my wheels /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif . I'd rather not have $2k worth of tires/wheels gone, that would make me /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif . Actually I live in the SF bay area. I've just heard too many stories of people getting things stolen off their K5s and would just like to take a little extra protection. BTW, anyone know of a way to lock your driveshaft? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

i'm with you lock everything down. i live in az right now but i used to live in brooklyn and i still have my ny state of mind, and i lock everything that i possibly can.
    i just mounted my wheel spacers andnow i have different size bolts front to rear and two different locks one for the front wheel set and one for the rear. and there different types.
    a few minutes here and there compared to $2000 is worth it everytime to me.
    king

8. white-rhyno

white-rhyno 1/2 ton status

See, out here in the sticks, we dont lock anything. I would rather not have to replace a window because they dont know how to pick locks. Besides, if your tires are stolen in this town, word would get around in a couple of days. Most the time i leave my truck running when i go to the grocery store.

9. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I second that....