Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel National Recalls

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wickedk5, May 15, 2000.

1. wickedk5

wickedk5 Registered Member

hey guys,

i went to my local wheel and tire shop to order some 15x12 Alcoa (M/T) Challengers and the guy contacted his distributor to order some, but the distributor stated that there was a recall on all Alcoa rims 15x10 and wider, something about them splitting down the middle and i would not be able to get any until next year!!!, thus with this they (DOT) decided to recall all of the wheels that are 15x10 or higher from any manufacturer (weld, centerline, etc.). do any of you guys know about this???

"And if it ain't a Chevy don't raise it up..."

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

This is not good...

Anyone with info, please post for us!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!
    [​IMG] So many ideas, so little money...

3. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Well, steel wheels are much better if you're actually going to use your truck off-road anyway. They may not look as nice, but they're much easier to repair on the trail, plus they're much cheaper!

4. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Uhhhh EXCUSE ME?!?!?! This isn't a good sign. There is a recall on all 15x10+?? I haven't heard this, so we better find out. I hope this is just for a certain brand. Well, guess that's just something else to add to problems besides a driveshaft!! HAHA Thanks for the message.

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)