Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel offset on 2003 3/4 ton mags?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by Grim-Reaper, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Anybody have some wheel info on the mags on 2003 8 lug 2500. Found a set of take offs and thinking about putting them on my 88 Burb uf the Offset is within reason. Also what is the rim width?

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

They are listed as being 6.5" wide. If I get a chance I will measure mine this weekend.

3. Grim-Reaper

Kewl..
    Thanks.

4. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Check'

Dude at work has 8-lug knock-offs on his 80'ish truck, I'll see if i can get a picture of it on Monday. I thought the center hub - was different, but I'm not sure.

5. b55baron

b55baron Registered Member

I've got a 2003 Sierra 2500HD (eight lugs) but with the steel wheels and chrome inserts instead of the forged aluminum wheels. I would think the size and offset would be the same. I'm planning to rotate the tires this week-end if the weather cooperates and I'll measure them.

I'm in west Cobb off Dallas Hwy if you want to hook-up and see for yourself. Let me know.

6. Grim-Reaper

You not far from me. Even closer to BigJBear and Keith.

I'll be running nonstop this weekend. Going to a 4x4 swap meet today at http://www.4x4customs.com/ Club meeting tonight. Then scare folks at the Varcity when 20 or so 4x4 show up. Tomorrow going to work on putting a jeep back together. www.gbr4wd.com

7. b55baron

I rotated the tires on my Sierra yesterday before the bottom fell out. Funny how much faster you can work when there is lightning around. I measured 7" from face to face on the vertical surface where the wheel weights ride (not the lip that the weights clip to). I don't remember exactly how offset is defined, but I measured 4 1/2" from the same surface on the inside of the wheel to the surface that rides against the brake rotor.

Again, these are the steel wheels with the chrome inserts, not the forged aluminum wheels.

Hope this helps.

8. Grim-Reaper

Hmmmmmm Looks like it would work.
    How do you think the would look on a 88 Burb?

9. b55baron

I think they would look good. A friend of mine has a set of the forged aluminum wheels on his '99 3/4 ton Suburban and they look sharp. To me, the tire size has a lot to do with how they look. My '03 Sierra came with LT245's that look too small. I've seen one just like it with LT265's and they looked a lot better because they filled up the wheel wells. When mine wear out, I'm going with the LT265's.