Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel offset on 2003 3/4 ton truck....anybody?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ok rims are warped on my burb. Tire store did what they could but it rides like hell. Said that brake heat can cause this on steel rims when towing heavy weights. PO towed a 31ft 7k camper with this truck. Infact probably more then 50k of the 74k on the turck was with this camper behind it.

Anyway I found a set of take offs from a 2003 3/4 ton truck with 5k on them. These are the current Mags on the 3/4 Silverado trucks.

Does anybody know what the back space would be on these? My worry is it will be to deep. I need around 4 inches of back space.

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hmmm, they are pretty narrow, something like 7"(?) for the forged alum like I have. I know they are a bit too narrow for the 33x11 (285/75R16) I run. And I think they are around 4" b.s. Best be is to poke around at The Diesel Page. I know I've seen the actual number posted there several times.

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Stock backspacing on those trucks over 4.5" but not more than 5". Dont know the exact nubmer offhand, but I hope it helps.

I do know that those wheels should fit right onto your burb. I remember one of the mags putting them on a really old suburban. (the one they just put the HT383 and NV4500 into.)

John