Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel Offset?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jeff Carr, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Jeff Carr

Jeff Carr Registered Member

I just bought a 1990 fullsize Jimmy and want to fill out the wheel wells on a stock suspension. What size are the stock rims? What would be the best combo to fill out the wheel wells including rims offset. I'm trying to avoid any major tire rub. I could live with minor rub at full lock but don't want to trim my fenders (truck has a custom paint job). I do a little on the trails but nothing major so flex is not an issue for me. Also, I live in Pa and can't have my tires sticking out past my fenders.

2. Jeff Carr

Ok, maybe a little past the fenders but nothing major.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Well, are you looking to fill the wells out with wheel and tire, get aftermarket wheels for looks, or just get bigger tires?

The 33x10.5R15's from BFG, either AT or MT, typically fit STOCK (suspension and wheel) trucks with no rubbing. They do on mine. They do a good job of filling out the wheelwell, like any other 33 at stock height, but the narrow width eliminates any rubbing issues. That also keeps them in the wheelwell.

I've seen it with my own two eyes that the steel rallys came in at least two different designs, and it APPEARS that the backspacing was what changed. Most 4wd steel rallys are 8" wide, if you want the backspacing to see your aftermarket wheel options you'll have to do a search, I know it's been posted before.

IMO, to eliminate any possibility of rubbing, stick with the narrow tires, and pull your wheels to confirm their specs before buying aftermarket if thats the route you are going.

4. Jeff Carr

Thanks for the info.