Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel question for 99 Tahoe.... Will a .......

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by rocko, Jun 11, 2004.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Old style 6 lug rally 15x8 truck rim off k5 fit on a 99 Tahoe (old body style). I have to mount a 35 in tire (spare) for the my wife's Tahoe..
    I have many rim's laying around... I'm worried about back spacing... anyone know?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Even if the wheel will bolt on, it would probably cause a problem if you had to mount the spare up front. The different offset will cause the tire to stick out much further, so the tire is way more likely to hit the fender when you turn a corner. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Let me give more details...
    It's a 99 Tahoe, 3 inch suspension/ 3 inch body lift.
    Has 15x10 Rockcrawler rims on it..with 35 in tires... So i'm guessing the 15x8 shouldn't be too much different in clearance around rotors/calipers etc..
    Hmmm... I'll just have find another 15x10 inch rim to keep it all the same..

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

It will be interesitng, as the 8" wide rim will make the tire buldge more and have more height. Other than that, I think the IFS backspacings are different than the SFA backspacing.

5. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

I have a buddy running that set up on his truck with the old school rally wheels it looks good too