Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheel size and backspacing?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Taylor, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Taylor

Taylor 1/2 ton status

I just picked up some 33x12.5x15 BFG AT's, I have called around to a few of the local tire shops looking for rims and I'm getting a couple of different answers on rim size 15x8 and 15x10, and 3.25 to 4 on backspace. I want to make sure I get it right the first time, so can you tell me what the best setup would be. This is my daily driver and mainly see street use (for now) if that factors into it. Tks.

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Don't do any more than 3.75 on a 10 bolt because sometimes if you have outside weights...they will hit the tie rod. But if you have no outside weight, a 4inch might fit. 15x10 will look real good and if you ever stepped up to even bigger tires...no need to change the rims, unless you get the "one ton bug". Also, you will get better tire wear with a 10 inch wide rim. I say 3.75 ish is good, makes them stick out just a hair more. Wide track= little bit more stabile when it comes to physics.

33's tend to rub on full lock steering even on the street but people will argue that until the cows come home. I don't know if you have a lift on there or not, so i'll be quiet now.
    Blake