Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel size?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dieselmh, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I know this has been asked before, but I did a search for wheels/rims, and couldn't find any definate answers. I am going to be installing my D60 and 14 bolt FF soon. I'll be running an 8 inch lift with 38s. What wheel size/backspacing would everyone suggest? I know that if I keep a 15 inch wheel, I have to grind, and don't really want to do that. I've also heard, though, that the 15s hold the tires better, and that the larger diameter wheels have a tendency to push the tires off the rim in tight places. I also don't have any idea what backspacing to run compared to tire width. If someone has a list of what backspacing works best with what tire widths, that would be great too. I'm looking for any and all ideas, suggestions, criticisms etc. Thanks.

Diesel

Shouldn't it be called uncommon sense?

2. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Anybody?

Diesel

Shouldn't it be called uncommon sense?
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Dieselmh>My crappy pics.</a>