Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel size

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by clubba68, Dec 16, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

OK, I am about to order wheels (present from my parents for Christmas), and I just need some input. I am going to go with either 15x10 or 15x8. I am going to be running some 35x15x15 SSR's to begin with, and probably moving down to some BFG 35x12.50x15's after that or something comparable, although I may decide that I really like the SSR's and buy another set when these are toast. So, 15x10 or 15x8? Also, how much backspacing? I am going to be running 14bff rear and D44 8 lug up front w/ 4 wheel disc, but I want to purchase wheels with backspacing that will work with a D60 because I will inevitably step up to one sooner or later, and I don't want to have to go out and buy new wheels then. I would like to just shave the calipers down on it and keep the same wheels.
    15x10 with what backspacing?
    OR
    15x8 with what backspacing?
    OR
    Ideas of your own? (Besides 15x2 Shannon) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

if you are running 15x15 i would go 15x10 not sure about the backspacing though
    i dont even know what mine are but when i was runng 14.5s i hadjust a little rub when flexin

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, got 15x10 especially if there is even the chance that you might run bigger tires later on.

AFA backspacing goes I'd recommend 3-3.5" of bs. From what I understand really small backspacing (like 2.5") can be tough on your bearings... and big bs like 4.25" will require you to grind a lot of material off your calipers (been there, done that!). something in the low-to-mid 3 range seems to be a good compromise.

j

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    15x10...3-3.5" of bs

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. Them's the right numbers! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif