Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel Spacers are they good or bad ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pilgrim, Jun 6, 2002.

1. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

I'am still wondering if wheel spacers for my hummer rims are a good thing to do? The rims have 7" of backspaceing, so i'd need to run like a 2 1/2" spacer... Does anyone use spacers? How do they stand up to abuse and how often do you have to retorque them. Any info would be great....

2. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

If you are running spacers due to backspacing, you would need 4 of them. I run 1.5" spacers on my rear 10-bolt only. I am sure it is putting additional stress on my axle bearings, but I have had no ill affects yet (4,000 mile plus so far). I use my rig as a semi-daily driver, off-road play toy, and for towing a 3,000# travel trailer and a 5,000# boat.

I can't think using them up front is a good thing. The "swing" it would give to the radius of the tire may be a bit much. But, then again, it would be no different than a rim with less backspacing.