Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel spacers on front

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther, Sep 11, 2000.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey guys. Anybody run wheel spacers on the front? I was thinking 1" on the front and 2.5" on the back. Thanks for the info!

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Stephen Watson at Offroad Design is currently runninga set on the front of his Blazer. Opinions are plenty on this issure. In my opinion, they are kinda like body-lifts The less the better.

Kyle
    89K5

3. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

The further you push the tires and wheels out the more stress you put on the axles and or steering, spindles!

White Knight

4. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

White Knight's right, it's also the same as running a bigger tire. Think about it this way, let's say you run 33's with spacers, it's similar to running 35's with no spacers. I'm sure mechanical engineers know how to determine what the exact stress load would be.
    The other factor would be the actual strength of the spacer itself and the additional hardware (remember you now have two sets of lugnuts/studs per tire). My brother has been running a complete set on his 300Z for over a year now with out any problems. I've been thinking about using them myself, but I wouldn't do it unless I upgrade axles first. The opinions are varied, if you can avoid them, then that's best.
    I think the truth will be known when a mechanical engineer determines the additional stress load and let's all know.[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!