Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel Spacers on the Front

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Swanson52, Aug 31, 2002.

1. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Good, bad, otherwise? I have a Dodge D60 front I would like to install, but I added a van-width 14 bolt to the rear-I would like to keep the front and rear track width the same without using wheels with a different offset. Opinions?

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i think the general consesous is that running spacers on the frount is bad but i know of people who have done it that do wheel there trucks and didnt see anything problems with it, but of course that doesnt mean that its a good thing. is there anyway you could try to get the same width with backspacing?? it might mean having to carry 2 spares which would stink but might be a option. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really don't see how it'd hurt anything. Just make sure everything is lined up so you're not out of ballance. Might wanta install longer-n-stronger wheel studs. But that's all I can think of.

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

It puts a massive amount of extra leverage on your studs, hubs, and spindles. If you have lots of power or tall gears I don' think it would be a great idea. And especially not with a diesel, too much torque.

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

change the rear housing or keep on searching IMO
    I am not up on the van housing differences, not just in the hubs like the dually eh?

6. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

The van housing is 3 inches wider, WMS to WMS (69 inches, I believe). Beginning to look like swapping it back out is the best answer, unless I find a cheap GM 60. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif