Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheel spacers, or offset rims

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ChevBlazin, Dec 4, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

How much harder on your ball joints, steering, and wheel bearings to use wheels with backspacing around 2.5" rather than the usual 3.75? and the same for using a 1.5" spacer. Are wheel spacers safe, a weak link? Any info would be great. I am interested in the spacers for the rear of my k5 and was wondering about the rim question to make my 81 CJ7 (I know, you all hate jeeps):) axles closer in width to the wide track axles of later year jeeps.

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Just stick some chevt axles and drivetrain in it and the axles wil stick out far enough!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

4. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I would not recommend mickey mouse spacers.

5. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i can vote for the crappy lugs in that post that was put in above here. i have sheered my front lugs twice. came out ok both times luckily. one set had only been there for 4 days and they were brand new all 6. now i go to the indutrial store and buy the hardened ones that cost 1.59 each. i am gonn ago ahead and go up to 8 lug though to further help.

my .02

nathan