Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wheel spacers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TheGeneral, Aug 31, 2001.

1. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

Just how much is the rear wheel track different from the front? and is anyone using wheel spacers, and what are your opinions on them. I am thinkin that with the spacers in rear and 3.5 backspacing, I might not have to grind calipers to fit 15 inch rims. Is this an accurate thought?

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

No grinding required for the rear to fit 15" wheels on the 14 FF. The 3.5 will help reduce the amount of grinding for the front but will make the wheels stick out a bit more.
    As far as the traction difference, with the 14 installed in the rear I think the difference is 2 inches where with the 10 bolt it was 3". But I had spacers on the 10 bolt and they worked just fine. So for the 14 if you want to space them out I'd go with 1" spacers or just measure your front and rear and figure the difference. You can get them from performancewheel.com

tRustyk5 for President!!![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

3. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I grinded the backing plates and my caliper's to fit 15x10 inch rim's with 4.1/4 inch backspacing on the front..
    Wasn't so bad... glad it's finally done..
    I wouldn't use wheel spacer's in the front if that's what your referring to..

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. www.rocko.rockcrawler.com