Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wheel spacers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mastiff, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I know this must have been covered, but I can't seem to get search to find a single match for "wheel+spacers". /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I was thinking about spacing out the rear wheels a little to match the width of the front. It would just be for looks. Is the concensus that there is really no downside to this in terms of strength/reliability? There would certainly be a little more leverage on the axles, but maybe it's not enough to matter. I have a 12b rear if it matters.

A few other Q's: How much spacing do I need to get the rear and front to be the same track? Anyone have any before/after pics? Right now I have no cap or anything to fill the center hole in the rim. The factory one rusted away a long time ago, but it doesn't much matter if I just keep the drum painted. It'll look weird though with the spacer I think. Any suggestions for center caps or something?

Thanks!

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You need 1.5" spacers(each side) to equal the front. I don't run them personally but from what I've heard as long as there not real wide then it won't be a problem...1.5" would be fine....

3. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

TONYP here makes some. You can check the ORD site has some various WMS widths listed.

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I run 1.5 spacers on mine with 12" wheels, been running them for over 5 years and no problems as of yet, just have to keep 'em torqued..
    pic

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I talked to a old motor head and was told that the 14FF is such a strong axle and for a 1ton truck that running spacers will not hurt anthing on the axle...

[​IMG]